Tidal Fish Forum banner

How Many Engine Hours Per Year - Average?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how many hours on average everyone puts on their engines per year. I have 1500 hours on my Yamaha F250s which are now 5 years old so I average 300 per year. I just sent in my fuel road tax refund...2700 gallons for the year.... :eek2: ...but at 17.5 cents per gallon refund, I'm looking forward to my check for $472. :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
how

mike, I put about 300 hrs per year on my one motor and about 100 on the other...

I just filed my taxes last night but did not do that. How do I do it with my taxes or as a standalone filing? or is it too late considering that I have done my baseline taxes already or can it be done as an amendment?
thanks!

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mike, I put about 300 hrs per year on my one motor and about 100 on the other...

I just filed my taxes last night but did not do that. How do I do it with my taxes or as a standalone filing? or is it too late considering that I have done my baseline taxes already or can it be done as an amendment?
thanks!
Just go this link and download the form. Not associated with your tax returns.

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/citizen/fuel_tax.asp

·
Registered
294 Posts
i went to the website under the eligibility link. line#14 clearly says watercraft aren't eligible. line#19 says commercial watercraft are. hmmm....

i am not commercial - are you? or am I reading it wrong perhaps?
thanks!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
You're receipts have to be within the last 12 months.
As for your question Mike, I used to put 150 hours on my motor each year. Lately, I haven't been able to get past 50 without problems. I'm right at 15 hours on this motor. Love them Yammies!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I put 240 hours on mine over the last year (and first year of ownership). I envy you folks that are putting 500+ hours on yours. If I had an hour meter for time spent thinking about being on the boat I could compete with any of you.

Steve

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Good question Mike, Center Console Clarence doesn't have his center console tricked out with an hour meter,that would be way cool like Center Console Clarence but I don't have an hour meter sponsor so no hour meter. Center Console Clarence puts many hours on his outboard but a lot of his fishing time is spent anchored so I'm curious why you ask since run time with me doesn't have much to do with time spent fishing. cCc

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
300-400 per year. My boat has a digital display for each motor and it keeps the hours.

·
Registered
294 Posts
one question

mike, the form says that you need to retain the receipts for 4 years in case of them asking for verification. below that it says that original receipts need to be submitted. they once again are contradicting themselves.

what are you doing?

mailing the originals in and keeping photocopies for your file
or
just mailing the originals in as the proof and being done with it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts