Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see quite a few views on this board and wonder why there are not more fishing reports or questions about fishing this area. Would all of you that read this board chime in and lets see how many of us are really taking a look. BTW, thank you to the guides for posting info.

Thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
17 Posts
I post my reports here. In average, I get one or two replies, and about 80 to 100 views. This is not advertising, but merely because of my Virginian roots ( by the way I am originally from Iran!). I see more and more interest from Florida, and hope to hear more inquiry about fishing offshore Tampa Bay area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I check it everytime I am online. I am a Bay fisherman by geography but make a trip to Florida to fish once a year (twice this year-went sailfishing in Miami in March). Leaving next weekend for the biannual trip to the Keys and will be checking more frequently for those little bits of information that may make a difference.

Good resource. Will post a report when I return.

Blackfin

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use the Florida board at times-live in the winter in Cape Coral, fish the Pine Island area now and guided and fished in the 10,000 Islands. Still go there for tarpon in the spring.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses! I currently live on the eastern shore of MD and have a house for sale in Cape Coral, FL. The wife and I are relocating to the space coast of Florida and I will be down starting next week looking for a house near the water. I would like to see if we can get this board going and share some info.

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is my first post as a new member.
I live in MD in Silver Spring. I am in Tampa tonight. Tomorrow I will go to St. Pete to settle on a new home on Tampa Bay. So I will be looking with interest at the board to gather info on fishing the local waters. I will use guides till I feel comfortable enough in the purchase of a boat. Lite jigging is what I prefer. I will still keep MD as my home base but will spend much time in FL.
Information I have gathered from the Ches, board has been invaluable to me with my limited knowledge of fishing. I hope to contribute something back that might help others.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I check it out frequently. Live in NJ, but frequent the Space Coast area (ML sight fishing for reds—Port Canaveral offshore) and fish all over the state when I am down there.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I check it every day! And if I feel like typing, I might even post a report!
This is a great way to share info, stories and technique...let's keep in going.
Capt. Chuck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Capt. Chuck,
Thanks for the sardines and the freezer. I guess I got the better side of the deal. Very nice meeting you.

Capt Chuck is an excellent inshore Captain/Guide in Tampa Bay area.

·
Registered
27 Posts
WishFish!

Yea--I think you got a GREAT DEAL!
That's OK--you're a great guy---hope those dines get you some big grouper....you can drop one off at my door anytime!
Capt. Chuck

·
Registered
27 Posts
WishFish!

Yea--I think you got a GREAT DEAL!
That's OK--you're a great guy---hope those dines get you some big grouper....you can drop one off at my door anytime!
Capt. Chuck

·
Registered
27 Posts
I regularly view the board because I spend about 5 months out of the year fishing the Indian River around Ft. Pierce up to Round Island and offshore.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I appreciate the feedback so far! I will be traveling down on Monday and hope to wet a line near Ponce Inlet next weekend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
[Q]Windbreaker originally wrote:
I live in MD in Silver Spring. I am in Tampa tonight. Tomorrow I will go to St. Pete to settle on a new home on Tampa Bay. So I will be looking with interest at the board to gather info on fishing the local waters. I will use guides till I feel comfortable enough in the purchase of a boat. Lite jigging is what I prefer. I will still keep MD as my home base but will spend much time in FL.
Information I have gathered from the Ches, board has been invaluable to me with my limited knowledge of fishing. I hope to contribute something back that might help others.
[/Q]

·
Registered
3 Posts
[Q]Windbreaker originally wrote:
[/Q]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Spend about 5 months each winter fishing the Indian River around Ft. Pierce Inlet and offshore. Check the boards regularly and enjoy the reports. Thanks to all the guys sharing their experiences down there. Great fishing in all those beautiful grass beds and along the mangroves. Would like to see the locals get more vocal about cleaning up the bad water coming in from Okeechobee.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Returned last night from a week in the Keys. Notched my first 2 tarpon releases (130 lbs and 80 lbs). Tremendous fish.

Fished Key West harbor with Captain Ken Harris of Finesse Charters. Very personable and knowledgable guide with 25 years in KW. Great with my 2 kids. Caught cobia, tarpon, tons of snappers, fed a 4' barracuda and one jack crevalle. Missed cero mackeral and blue runners. Tons of fun for a 1/2 day trip.

Have fished offshore from Islamorada and had a good trip. If Florida can slow development and keep the character of the place I would go again soon. It has changed much over the last 5 years. Condo explosion is my only complaint.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hi:
I live in Deltona now. I just got a 23 foot DUSKY that I'm outfitting now.
I fish Ponce, Cape C, J'ville and other spots up this way.
I've been tring to get a bunch of usex-notherners' to get together and fish with a guide or two and then do it ourslves. Any interest?
I got to get back up to Nova Scotia and New foundland . have to run a guys boat for a few weks, than BACK TO FLORIDA.
Hope to hear from all u guys.

WACKM N STACKM
Joseph B...aka...Ancient Mariner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts