Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the slot limit was supposed to reduce the harvest by 20 or 25 percent. I was wondering: how many rockfish in reality have been released because of the slot limit? I thought it would make for an interesting poll to see what the actual reduction seems to be. I may use the numbers to work on a little project, which I will post here if it comes together, not to mention I am just curious... Kevin

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I know the slot limit was supposed to reduce the harvest by 20 or 25 percent. I was wondering: how many rockfish in reality have been released because of the slot limit? I thought it would make for an interesting poll to see what the actual reduction seems to be. I may use the numbers to work on a little project, which I will post here if it comes together, not to mention I am just curious... Kevin
Good poll. Yall don't fish much do ya !!!!! Out of 14 fish 4 have been keepers for me and 10 released. 3 were 34 to 35 inches and 1 was 42. The rest were between 36 and 40 looked to be fat and egg bearing. The 42 was spawned out.

·
Registered
389 Posts
100%. 1-36.5" the other 38". Slow for me this year so far. Seems like there is not too many Stripers around nor much bait fish.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Opening weekend (Sat & Sun) total of 8 fish caught - 6 were SLOT fish and the other 2 were OVERS.
Monday...skunked.
Can't fish again until May 2nd

·
Registered
839 Posts
The good news is that is a lot of fish that we will be able to catch again. I am more interested in catching something than keeping it. I have no problem throwing fish back if I have fish to catch in the first place.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The good news is that is a lot of fish that we will be able to catch again. I am more interested in catching something than keeping it. I have no problem throwing fish back if I have fish to catch in the first place.
X2

1 - 20 of 33 Posts