Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to talk about buying new/used boat....how many bought a new or new to you boat in 06' or have already or are planning to buy one in 07'?

My new boat (Parker 23SE)is being shipped out next week....How many others?.....
yes I'm bored........:cool2:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
same boat for me, good luck with the new boat jamie

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Took delivery of our GB on Feb 18th 2006. Brandy new from the factory in Monroe WA. :D Kept praying the whole time she was in transit over the Rocky Mountains in January. Man that was nerve wracking!

Ended up taking delivery during a snowstorm in Yorktown VA and followed that up with our first solo cruise on her the next day ... 19-degrees and 17kt winds with freezing saltspray on the decks. :cool2:

Remember it like it was yesterday!

Good luck with your new boat Jamie.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
YEP

I bought my Mako 2201 Inshore in Jan and have yet to splash it. Named it CO STAR for many reasons and have all ready made payments. Rigging is going very slow as weather and life has conspired against me lately but it will get done.

No report yet on quality of boat as I have yet to test it's mettle on rough seas and rougher customers. But soon I will slime the decks with catfish boogers..

Capt Mike

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I"m waiting on my new 07 218DLV Carolina Skiff. Its shipping this week from NC so I might be able to splash it next weekend!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
890 Posts
I bought a 1974 20 ft Mako CC. Solid as a rock. My wife thinks I'm nuts buying a boat that is 2 years older than I am. It is definitely a classic. It will be a semi-project, but is 100% fishable now and the previous owner did much fixing up already. I will have a really nice 16 ft CC on the market soon, so if you may be interested, let me know!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Took Delivery of my new Bimini August 14 2006. I have logged over a hundred hours so far, last day of fishing was 50 miles one way from Annapolis to Point Lookout. 2 Rock, 1 33inch and 1 39inch Boat is a Battleship. Right now shes having cabin lights,EZ2CY console enclosure and all electronics installed at the factory in Bishopville, MD.

Come on spring!!
Bill

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Jumbo, Does repowering count.
I did buy a new Susuki 115 hp 4 stroke.
I would think there is a lot of work to getting a new boat ready. Like all the electronics. And on the one you are getting you will want trim tabs.Maybe the dealer did all this for you.
One thing good you have a nice place to do all this prep work.
Will I see you on the flats with the new one.
Les

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
809 Posts
Baught a slightly used 18' 04 Eagle by Angler in late 06. Go her wet on several crabbing and fishing trips. Looks like I'm a better crabber than fisherman so far. Hoping to get a T-Top installed before the season kicks in but I have not found a local company to do the job. As least not with reasonable rates. Not looking for anything fancy. I did search the board and S&S was not too bad. Not to mention the great reviews everyone gave them. Would like to find some one closer if possible. If any one has suggestions I open.

John
18' Eagle by Angler

·
Registered
883 Posts
New 05 SEA HUNT 225 W/A in Feb 06 w/ 175 Johnson 2S. Added hardtop & enclosure in Aug. Put on about 70 hrs so far w/ no probs. Will get the cover off in Mar. & get it ready for spring season. My 2nd new SEA HUNT.George

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I will be taking delivery of a Triumph 190 Bay with a 90 Honda V-Tech probably around the first week of April. The boat is scheduled to be manufactured the second week of March. Having a fold down T- Top with electronics box and curtains.

Considering berthing it in Charlestown area for flats season.:fishing2:

Will probably trailer it for rest of the year.:thumbup:

Tight lines,

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
How bout' another? Does a 12' Rhino with a trolling motor for perches count?

Actualy I am very excited about this boat, I am going to hit the lily pads of the upper Chop for LM's ASAP:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Though I'm not ready to retire the kayak, I suspect I'll be buying a 22ish foot dual console (family/fishing compramise boat) this summer/fall. The finalists after much research are the sea hunt 220 escape, wellcraft 220 sportsman, polar 2100 or 2300 DC, and sea swirl (striper) 2101 or 2301 DC. I'll let you know how it works out.

I did buy a new boat in 06... 16 feet LOA, 28 inch beam, orange plastic fishing machine. Gas bill for the year was $0. You'll see it on the flats regularly this spring I hope.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Seahunt

Bought a new 07 207Sea Hunt CC in 06 83hrs on it so far.Many more hrs to come.:boat: Has been a great boat .
Good luck on your new ride.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I bought a Seaswirl Striper 2601 WA from a good friend of mine. Nice clean boat, loaded! He hooked me up on the price too, can't wait to get out and fish. Unfortuately, still trying to sell the 25' Regal Cruiser. My wife is not real happy about that, haha!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sold my 10yr old Lowe aluminum bass boat and bought a new '05 Trophy 18' walkaround last spring. I was looking for a center console but my wife pushed for a cabin, after all the snotty days we were out last season, I'm glad she did.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
I sold my '99 Grady 208 in '06 due to lack of use. I miss her.

Picked up an 21' Trophy for $2k and sold the engine for $1,150. Only had $850 invested at that point, so I upgraded to a '95 Evinrude for $2k. Built a full enclosure for cheap and she's ready to roll.

My total investment is about $3k.

She is certainly NOT a Grady, but she's seaworthy, runs like a top, and if I don't use her, so what? No payments to worry about, and I can easily sell her for double the cash I've invested. Sweat equity pays, if you are handy and have the time...

-TH

1 - 20 of 45 Posts