Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard they were going up in price this year.

Also, how are the croaker biting in the Potomac?

Striper1

·
Registered
309 Posts
I was in that little store by Westmoreland State Park and saw them for $7.99. I might hit the croaker this afternoon if this wind dies down and will let you know if I had any luck.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Too [email protected] much!

8 bucks a dozen
& many places, they are in very sad shape
Dang things will catch croaker though
Filled 2 collers today on a dozen

err, I'm finished with croaker for the season
Freezer is full for the summer

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yeah, that is alot. They say it is mostly related to the high gas prices. Chum, congrats on the croaker. I went out yesterday after the winds died down from about 18:00-20:30 but decided to target the rockfish instead of croakers. It was a really calm evening out there but got skunked around #9. With the high tide, I should have hit the shallower water around the Birthday Cake or Bonums Bar. I was surprised to see quite a few boats out at that time of the evening. That was my first skunk since the season started so not feeling too awfully bad. Plus wife had a rockfish and shrimp fry awaiting upon my return. All and all a great evening.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
$10 a doz.A doz.weighs about an oz.So figure $160 a lb.Cheaper to buy the fish.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
240 Posts
Don't kid yourself, it's always been cheaper to buy the fish.![smile]

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hey Chumgunner I LOVE those croakers keep em comeing for my charters but Im already wishing real hard for some spot or trout to show up. Going to OI for Tuna 15th to break the croaker trend and am on call for a cobia trip the end of May. After pulling in tuna all day I'll be glad to come back and whup on on the croakers for revenge. Dem Big Tuna is like taking a stress test. After a day of good tuna fishing you know the ole ticker is good for a while.

Have a good one

Bobby

31 Posts
we are charging $7.50 a dozen. pretty good worms. jumbos will likely be $9 or more a dozen when available.

keep an eye out as a lot of shops are selling 10 in a bag now instead of a dozen.

jerry thrash
queens creek outfitters, cobbs creek

·
Registered
264 Posts
[Q]MrJsPleasure originally wrote:
Hey Chumgunner I LOVE those croakers keep em comeing for my charters but Im already wishing real hard for some spot or trout to show up. Going to OI for Tuna 15th to break the croaker trend and am on call for a cobia trip the end of May. After pulling in tuna all day I'll be glad to come back and whup on on the croakers for revenge. Dem Big Tuna is like taking a stress test. After a day of good tuna fishing you know the ole ticker is good for a while.

Have a good one

Bobby
[/Q]

Yeah, I'm watching that Cobia bite as well. I caught a citation last may off of Harkers Island. That was the most fun I've had since moving here from Pensacola, FL. Nothing quite like a fight that Cobia gives.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts