Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made this home depot bucket filter that will work on anything you might want to use as a livewell. used an h.d. bucket because the lid has a rubber o-ring that seals the top. clear hose is the outlet from the pump & fits tightly into drilled hole on top. doesn't matter what size pump you use because of the bucket seal. 2 black return lines (you could use 1) which are mounted about 2/3's of the way up the side feed back into livewell & are sealed with silicone inside & out. filter material usually comes in a roll about 12-14 inches wide. it can be cut & put in the bucket open end top & bottom. so outlet water flows in the middle of the roll & filters thru about 3 or 4 layers of mat. to the return lines. stays crystal clear even with eels.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Ever try using sand as a filter media? Works great and holds a LOT of slime! Plus, if you live near the beach, it's free and very easy to change.

Nice work! Thanks for posting.

-TH

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for sharing. I really like your holding tank. WOnder where I could get one similar?
bought a 50 gal. spray tank for an atv & modified it when i was catching 75 spot @ a time to put in my former 850 gal livewell for striper season. just wasn't worth all the effort or year round maintenance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts