Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the mighty Potowmac over it banks this weekend I will launch from the roadway to the marina. Parking on the road after I tie up to the Welcome sign to the marinia. I am thinking the travel-lift will hold some good crappie and also around the trees planted on the seawall.

Most of the boats up on stands will be huddled over in one corner and stacked up like cordwood.

Could be some good fishing if I find the right spot.

Capt Mike

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Bout 20 yrs ago Lake Somerville, TX was 21 ft above normal pool. We jacknifed off into the ditch off a secondary road that was underwater. Parked rig in the ditched higher up. We not only caught fish, I have some lifetime memories of fighting 10 lb hybrid white bass outta the tree tops that were normally shade trees in the parks. Coming close to shore you would look down in the water and first see the roof of a picnic shelter, then a BBQ grill, parking lot guide wire, finally pavement.
Go gettum. I aint never seen the Potomac.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Not enuf drawdown and buku rainfall. Musta been spring of '93 maybe. Corp of Engineers impoundment. All the parks bordering the water
were inaccessable, and pump stations either shut down or fried. You launched where you could. Fishing was great. White bass, hybrids, crappie. Was a place called white bass pass on the lake that was the only appreciable rock on the lake other than the rip rap at the dam. Once that normally mostly -exposed wall of rock became underwater structure, it became a crappie megopolis that spring. We caught an inordinately large # of hybrids that year too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts