Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently we don't need boats, or techniques or forums... Everything we need to know in one short article😁

-- shout

http://brcastconnect.com/tips-for-how-to-get-better-at-fishing-2/

Tips For How To Get Better At Fishing

No matter what type of fishing you'd like to do, you won't be any good at it until you know what you're doing. Fortunately and despite popular belief, fishing is not that difficult a sport to tackle. Read on for the best tips on fishing, and you'll be on your way to becoming a great fisherman.

If you are just starting out with fishing, don't overload your tackle box. You can find millions of different types of bait and pieces of equipment in the fishing supply store. Though they all serve a purpose, you don't necessarily need every piece. Start with a handful of different types of bait and a few different sized hooks and weights. You can always add more later once you have fine tuned your list of necessary products.

Do not ever forget to wear a life jacket when you are fishing. Make sure that it is securely fastened. You also want to make sure that the one you have is the right size. This is very important,because if it is too large it can slip over your head if you fall into the water.

Even if it is not particularly warm outside it is still a good idea for you to bring sunscreen with you when you are going fishing. Frequently, the sun rays are strong over the water, so you should ensure that you will not get sunburn when you are out on the water.

Try bass fishing if you've never been fishing before. This is because bass are quite easy to catch. Once you master bass fishing, you might want to keep doing it, as some bass will put up a huge fight that will be the highlight of your day.

Watch your manners. Although it isn't directly related to fishing, it is a rule for all sportspersons of any type - avoid littering. Just as you enjoy being in the great outdoors, there are many other people who get away from stress by relaxing in a clean, natural outdoor environment. Remember this before throwing your can in the water.

Now that you've read this article, you should be prepared to take that first fishing trip. Use the advice that you've gleaned from this article to make it a successful trip. With a bit of practice, you'll soon be able to brag about the huge fish you caught, instead of lamenting about the one that got away.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more tip, apparently from the same "author"

Remove the tail from your bait before putting it on the hook if you’re fishing with shad. By removing the tail, the bait will not spin and cause tangles. In addition, you can use the cut tail as scent to attract the fish to the bait.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I like when the book says, fishing is not that hard, that is what I say on a lot of my post through the years. Also good way to get away and relax.

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
I'm glad you posted this. I've been fishing every year for Bass for close to 60 years. I've fished for every other species my heart desired from sunnys to marlin and never did I realize that I fished for Bass because they were easy to catch. I always fished for them because I thought it was fun. I like the way they jump and shake their heads when hooked.I fish with ultra light tackle mostly and even a 2 lb. Bass can be a challenge to land in a kayak on 6# test. Many times they spit the hook when they jump. I don't care because I don't fish tournaments , so I'm releasing them on the spot any how. It goes to show you. You don't know what you don't know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts