Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys never went for Taug before, just wondering what works best, fish finder rig or three way swivel rig, and what is the best way to rig the fiddler crabs. How someone can help, thanks a ton and tight lines.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
We tie the same as above, all out of mono as we loose a bunch. Hook them fiddlers thru the leg socket and wait for the subtle tap. Get them out before they back way in there! Have plenty tied and ready to change. give us a great report soon!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Use a dropper loop rig just like AlbeCatchin' and RockCrusher suggest. 40lb test works great in the bay , if fishing tri wrecks may want to use 50 or 60lb test on the rig...bmail me if you need further assistance with the rig. Good luck out there..:thumbup:

·
Registered
663 Posts
You find Tog in a lot of structure generally (rocks, wrecks....etc) and there are plenty of hangs and often lost rigs. The less terminal tackle you use the better off you are (less expense when you lose a rig). I also prefer to use a pretty short leader for the hook and a hook with a stout shank. I am constantly lifting and repositioning the bait in order to get it down into the structure where the fish are setting up ambush and a long leader on the hook has a tendency to get hung up due to current carrying it off from the terminal line center. A short leader hook also helps me better feel the fish pick up the bait so I seem to get more hook ups. If you are not constantly working line with togs, you won't feel anything until you feel that distinct bump and that generally is when he spits out the shell and hook. These are pretty crafty fish and you literally have to be proactive in your angling to be successful. These are definitely not like fishing foir croaker or the type of fish that will hook themselves, you have to be on your game with Tog. Hope this helps.
CPB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts