Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the HRBT last night for a couple hours. Most the lights were out, all of them on the westbound side. The blues and seagulls were horrible, particularly the gulls. I couldn't troll because of the blues and couldn't cast because of the seagulls. So, I just drifted over the fish and dropped my jig in front of them, with no casting at all. There were only a few fish out there but it was fun. I brought home a 25" and 30". The 30" had huge sea lice on its tail, the size of a quarter. I wanted to go out again tonight but the conditions are not conducive to safe paddling.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
30" hell yea! good job. I still havent caught a keeper yet but the night I did go I caught 2 gulls for the first time ever. they seem to be more fearless/aggressive than in years past.

·
Registered
236 Posts
those "horrible blues"

cant quite believe what I just read. its like calling them "trash fish". sometimes I don't think we ever appreciate anything. next time try trolling a small spoon unless you like pan fried gulls.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Not necessarily trash fish, but sometimes a nuisance for sure. It takes a lot of focus and effort to fish the HRBT from a kayak as it is. I don't like spending time and effort to remove 10" blues after every cast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts