Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got the boat ready and hit the HRBT last night from 10pm until 1:30am.....not much wind at all so it was pretty calm for the ol John boat.....First started following the birds but all at was there was small trout so I anchored up and cast to the light line, but no takers. I decided to tie up a bottom rig and while I was doing that I cast my Jig(1/4oz wht head with a 6" firetail grub) to the light line and let the current hold it while I was rigging up. Well after I got the bottom rig tied I pitched it out and lit a smoke. I just happened to watch a bird fly by the boat and catch something out the corner of my eye, it was my line from the jig it was in front of the boat.......I brought her in and it was a 19 1/2 Rock.........so I waited for about 20 minutes and nothing else happened....noticed alot of action directly behind me so I lifted anchor and drifted back to the bay side and dropped anchor and for the rest of the night I stayed there.....36 bluefish, 6 Rocks(18"-21"), 3 trout(all to short), so over all it was a good time.........blues were caught everywere but I had to hit the pillars of the bridge to hookup with the Rocks......5ft of water with grubs of any color or size

1 - 9 of 9 Posts