Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got down to Hampton for first fall trip of the year got to the bridge about 6:00 tide was almost slack. Pulled uo to first set of pileings droped a 6 inch BKD and bam set the hook and missed him pitched back to the same pileing let it drop and bam fish on 22in. in the box. Next drop bam 18in. Then fished until 10: 00 before we ever caught another fish we tried several sets of pileings before dark the anchored up in about 14ft. of water under a light we couldnt buy a fish ended up moving around 10:00 set up in 6ft in the dark along the stretch of bridge that had no lights finished our limit of eight and about a dozen throw backs by 11;00 so much for the light line. After first 2 fish only thing we could get a bite on was a 5in. storm swim shad on the bottom. Was wondering how others did there last night thought it was rather slow except for that last hour.

·
Registered
317 Posts
hey,
you were right beside us when you caugth those two first fish. We were achored up and yall came up to the pilings. I think you were in a CC and there was a man in a yellow jacket and a guy in camo waders. We put in at about 4 PM. Before yall got there, we managed one speckled trout. Then, once the tide changed, we managed one 19 inch striper on a four inch sassy shad. After that, nothing. We left at about 11 PM. Thought about trolling near the channel but Waffle House sounded too good plus we had a 2 and a half hour drive home. Is a BKD like a swimbait or a sassy shad? We thought yall caught the fish on swimbaits.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A BKD is similar to a zoom fluke you fish it on a jig head. Yes that was us I was the one in the camo bibs.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Blizzard, I fished beside you most of the evening, had the girlfriend with me in the CC on the bayside. Anyway, we got a few shad but that was it. I had a buddy that was down by the small boat channel and they limited out in about an hour or so but nothing over 19-20" I had two knockdowns on bunker we had left from chunking the curve of the M&M earlier (slow there today). I was really hoping it would turn on like it normally does out there for her to see it but to no avail.

Ben

·
Registered
317 Posts
yeah, I hoped it would turn on too. We tried to fish the pilings right before we left to no avail. Talked to a guy at the boat ramp. He was just heading out in a bass tracker. He said he has never gone out there and caught less than 100 fish. I guess he could have taught us something. Oh well, there is always next time.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Its all about the tide, especially the outgoing. The more it rips, the better. Slack or slow and you are wasting your time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts