Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ryan and I started around 5:30 and started dragging grubs on the bottom for flounder, I was using a pink zoom grub and he was using a 4 in. storm. We were getting a lot of flounder strikes, but not alot hook-ups, ( the way I know its a flounder is a strike followed by weight ) finnally I hooked up 3 flatties but the were undersized. when Rick got there he was also getting alot of strikes on fish bites and on his grubs. when Rick got a croaker he offered it to me to be strip bait, and as soon as the strip/grub combo hit the water.... bam! got my first keeper of the day! 18 in. fat flatty! so I started working the wholes that I knew produced flatties, and I ended up with 1 more 18 in. and a 22 in. with a lot in between, caught alot of legal sized flatties but who wants to mess around trying to fillet a potato chip? Ryan and Rick also caught alot of fish, Ryan was tearing up the bluefish, or were they tearing up us storms?.... he he, and Rick said he was tearing up blues and croakers on fish bites.... so I would say that tuesday night is the beginning of a very good season for flatties! sooo...... whos up for tonight?
Ray

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rick was kind enough to offer me one, I don't know what scent but they were white in color. If that helps, thats the first time I've ever used them. For the record, I did catch a few blues, but I also had a few storms lost in the process haha. I put on a leader to prevent my line from being cut off... Start brining those hard plastic lures, and cut croaker. Ray was also kind enough to offer me some croaker, but I told him it would be put to better use if he kept it. See what happened! Ray's flounder radar was dead one. Blues eventually took over the bay just about at high tide. Rick was drifting and had one on every drop line I saw him working. I'm gonna have to get me some fish bites.

·
Registered
580 Posts
They wouldn't touch my Kastmaster spoon either which is wierd. That is usually a bluefish killer. Jig heads with 4" white curly tail (pink or green tail) is what I was using. With blues your grub is only good for one or two fish before they destroy it. That's alot cheaper than storms though. Toothy little buggers.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Way to go on the flounder, wish I could make it out but work is binding me up in the PM. Have been doing the wader thing at 0430 at Lesner and getting a few. Save a few of your blues for strip bait, works great.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I don't remember what kind of Fishbites I was using, I don't think it matters. Next time I'm returning with the sheet-o-'bites to cut for strips and catch me some of dem flunders. If Ray leaves any for the rest of us. Good luck out there tonight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.