Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've fished the hrbt a handful of times in my kayak the past month for rockfish. Its been my worst year since I got the kayak 4 years ago. Ive caught plenty of bluefish especially early on, mainly short rockfish, a handful of keepers with one good night where I caught about a dozen fish 20-26". 20151111_171245[1].jpg 20151110_184825[1].jpg Tight lines. :fishing2:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for the report. I went a few nights ago. Beautiful, calm, had the whole bridge to myself. Very little bait, crystal clear water, and about 8 shorts. I've caught hundreds of Striper this fall but not one keeper!! Most have been 14"-16", biggest at 19"+.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Could be worse. Good to hear there are a few showing up down this way. Anybody have any luck fishing the light line on the cbbt? Bay season coming to an end quick, I guess I will have to give it a try at least once. Thanks for the report Alex.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Lots of small ones for me so far this year as well. All of the larger ones I have caught were on the bottom next to pilings, both day & night. I think they have to compete with all the small blues up top....jmo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts