Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after a weekend of nothing but wind, who's up for some hrbt action this tues. afternoon? wind is suppose to be out of the ese 10 mph so it would be pretty flat on our side of the water... hmmm... maybe try out some flat fish action, hopefully some of the big trout are in.... who knows, I'm just there to catch something!
Ray

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm in, but it'll prob be near 6pm. Lets make it an evening/night trip. I really need to avoid the sun haha. Winston said he's in and he'll be leaving after work. I don't know who else is in but how did those guys do tonight?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Blue fish were thick on the Willoughby side (rock jetty side). Calvin and George were on them when Darrel and I arrived. I caught about 6, which is all I wanted. My fingers are all sliced up and bandaged. I think the others caught some shad later in the night. Didnt see any striper or trout. Called it a night around 10.

greg

·
Registered
575 Posts
Whose George? Calvin was there we me (Tom). That's ok, I get everyone's name mixe up too. After dark the shad were thick, I got 2 stripers and some more blues. I went home with 10 bluefish that I plan to smoke and my mom will make fish stock out of the carcuses. Fun night.

·
Registered
300 Posts
One of my student's was there with his dad. Said they got a bazillion stripers, three keeper flounder, and some fat croakers. All caught on GotCha plugs. He was out late and is now asleep on his quiz. Good to see him being brought up right. I'll be out there tonight. Countin' the hours.

Ric

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im going to try to get some bull gudgeons before we go out this afternoon, I think I'll try mason's creek before I head out to the marina, just give me a call at 409-1908 if you want to come earlier cause there is nothing worse than getting trying to flounder fish with small minnows that barely fits on a hook, that you paid 3 bucks for, bring your minnow bucket just in case I have extra. FISH ON!!!!!
Ray

·
Registered
575 Posts
Ray,

There are so many blues there now you will never get a flounder to touch it. I had minnows yesterday and all I got was bit off hooks from the blues. Better at least bring some long shank hooks. Have fun!

Tom

·
Registered
284 Posts
Never say never, there are places out there that you can spank the flounder and you'll never see a blue fish.......
Chad

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well I know there is alot of bluefish out there it doesnt mean that theyre going to stay on 1 place ... the place I fish around at doesnt really have the chopper problem, if you would call it a problem, but to my knowledge has produced some good flounder action in the past...
Ray

·
Registered
575 Posts
Well, good luck. I didn't mean to discourage anyone. I brought my limit of bluefish home last night and I'm going to smoke them tommorrow. If anyone has a smoker, I highly recommend it. If anyone wants to do it I'll tell you how I made my smoked bluefish spread last fall. Everyone who ate it loved it.

Flounder and minnows just piss me off because you get so many little ones and they all get gut hooked. You spend all your time tying on new hooks. I think I will wait until I can get some mini spot or croaker for bait.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmmmm... I never tried smoked bluefish, sounds pretty good, how do you prepare it?... well rather than spending the afternoon inside the house, there are fish to be caught! hope to see some of you all there tonight!
Ray

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.