Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
Whose George? Calvin was there we me (Tom). That's ok, I get everyone's name mixe up too. After dark the shad were thick, I got 2 stripers and some more blues. I went home with 10 bluefish that I plan to smoke and my mom will make fish stock out of the carcuses. Fun night.

· Registered
580 Posts
Ray,

There are so many blues there now you will never get a flounder to touch it. I had minnows yesterday and all I got was bit off hooks from the blues. Better at least bring some long shank hooks. Have fun!

Tom

· Registered
580 Posts
Well, good luck. I didn't mean to discourage anyone. I brought my limit of bluefish home last night and I'm going to smoke them tommorrow. If anyone has a smoker, I highly recommend it. If anyone wants to do it I'll tell you how I made my smoked bluefish spread last fall. Everyone who ate it loved it.

Flounder and minnows just piss me off because you get so many little ones and they all get gut hooked. You spend all your time tying on new hooks. I think I will wait until I can get some mini spot or croaker for bait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.