Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've seen birds

I cross the HRBT every night on my way home from work; usually around 2000 - 2030. For about the last 2 weeks I have seen the gulls working pretty hard. However, I have not fished the bay since the season closed. I figure, why agitate the fish and risk harming/killing them if I'm noty going to feed my family with them.

I would be suprized if you didn't do well in the evening, from what the gulls have displayed.

Good luck. Take it easy on them : )

·
Registered
422 Posts
With the fish migrating back up the rivers you should have a chance to get on a few nicer ones if you hit the right place at the right time. Ive been pondering heading out one night this week, but not sure if I want to put all the effort into finding a buddy or two who isnt workin and gettin the tackle box and boat out. Id say head out on the outgoing, just like any other time of the year, and hope for the best!

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
I crossed the bridge yesterday morning ~10AM. A couple guys fishing the shoal area by Willoughby... and one of them was hooked up, the other guy getting the net. Wish there'd been some traffic so I could watch him land the fish!

How's that for a report? LOL

·
Registered
575 Posts
I was out there last night. The birds are working pretty good on the little glass minnows. If you like catching skinny, 12"-16" stripers, have at it. That was it. I heard they are catching some in the 26" range at the small boat channel CBBT. Good luck!

·
Registered
672 Posts
We may run out tonite for a few minutes for some C&R. Heard mainly schoolies (as usual) out there, but some pullage is better than none. Haven't run the boat in a couple weeks, so we'll prob. see you out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts