1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
:detective:How big is the flounder?

·
Registered
336 Posts
And the Sea Bass? :yawn::nono: Based on my estimates the Stripers were all over 36" maybe 40"

I was at Triangles today......................

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
dude, type in VMRC under search bar, pull up "saltwater hook & line recreational fishing" & go to the 4th fish down. ignorance is no excuse.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
didnt you guys READ the REPORT......everyone knows that a PICTURE is worth a 1000 WORDS.........How come you didnt add these pics to the REPORT ?

·
Registered
3,361 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I will save folks the trouble of looking, I copied his original post below. Sounds like the stripers were legal to me. With this early cold weather maybe the coastal fishery will pick up a few weeks early. I have to assume that when he says that he was heading back to Cape Henry that he was within the 3-mile line when he found the birds.

The seabass could be shorter than 12 inches, I don't see a ruler either just other fish. How long is a 6 3/4 pound flounder.

Tom

"Princess, Toad, and Spiny headed out offshore today. We wrecked fished the morning loading up on 35 keeper Sea Bass, 1 six and three quarter pound flounder, boatload of 30 to 38" bluefish. As we were heading back in towards CH we found the birds and limited out on stripers all 20+ pounds. Its to cold and to late for to dig in the ice chest for pictures, so Ill post them up tommorow after work! "

·
Registered
631 Posts
read the post again: "Princess, Toad, and Spiny headed out offshore today. We wrecked fished the morning loading up on 35 keeper Sea Bass, 1 six and three quarter pound flounder, boatload of 30 to 38" bluefish. As we were heading back in towards CH we found the birds and limited out on stripers all 20+ pounds. Its to cold and to late for to dig in the ice chest for pictures, so Ill post them up tommorow after work! "

the blues are 30-38", now compare the size of them to the stripers

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Catch

Yeah, Nice catch! We were out there Sunday as well. Striper and Blues mixed in. We found the birds with some whales about 18 miles out. Unfortunately for us, we didn't find birds working in close so all our Striper had to go back in the drink. My crew was begging for the Coasties to stop us on the way in so they could feel better about letting all them nice Striper go.:eek:

Oh well, glad you found a school in close. From the chatter on the radio and the reports on the board, you found a pocket of fish that everyone else missed. :clap::thumbup:

Nice work!

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
I think this is what Tony was talking about.

BLACK SEA BASS (SEA BASS)

[Regulation 4 VAC 20-950-10 et seq.]

Minimum Size Limit.............................12 inches
Possession Limit.................................25 per person

1 - 20 of 64 Posts