Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Made a run today to check water temps and maybe catch a fish here and there. Caught some small fish under birds at Cedar Point and caught one nice fish near the rocks on a crank bait. Didn't spend much time there...wanted to check things out. Ran towards the Honga River bridge and hit water as warm as 60.1 in the shipping channel. After the shipping channel and up in 20' the temp went down to 54 really quick. Once I got into 4' of water entering the area just west of the bridge the water dove all the way down to 45.6 degrees. Couldn't believe the temp there. At the bridge and well inside the bridge the water was below 47 degrees. Once I got into hooper straights and the deeper water the temp went back up to 56 pretty quick. Didn't see anything over there except muddy cold water. Out front from Hooper Straights and near 72a lots of birds dipping here and there but nothing serious. Ran all the way over to the south end of the the hollow and ran north back to cedar point to find more small fish under birds within sight of Cedar Point.
We need the warm spell and calm seas.....I believe it'll be on in the main stem of the bay tomorrow.....see you out there!!!!!!:fishing2:

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
That's enough to make a diver shiver ( and shrivel :eek: ). Thanks for detailed depth/temp. reports. Shows why the fish head to the deep channels this time of year.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Thanks Pete, took a spin this afternoon myself.. 55.4 over the reef outside of Deale.

Tomorrow looks good so I'm in even if the fish aren't. :boat:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Thanks,

It's this kind of stuff that helps us look closer and learn.

·
1,295 Posts
I was out Sunday (10/26) and the Bater temperature just north of Swan Point was 55 degrees. It had dropped 13 dregees from 10/15. That was before this bout of high wind and cold nights.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I'd say she's flipping right now. It ain't nuthin' but a big ol' pond, right Gerald? Water temps have been warmer down deep for a while now. That's against the natural order of things so it's gotta change. I guess the winds this week stirred things up enough to get it started. I don't have a good handle on how salinity fits in, but it's gotta be taking lots of oxygen down deep where it's needed.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Hi Pete,

thanks for the info and good luck tomorrow.:D

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
thanks for the info, Pete.

nothing beats being out there and seeing the conditions & temps!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts