Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was standing at the port deposit boat ramp shootin the breeze with another tfer when a guy pulled his boat up on the trailer.We noticed the fisherman had a grin on his wind burned face.We decided to investigate,this guy had a 5 gallon bucket full of HUGE wp!!! He said he was sittin on his favorite hole slammin em all afternoon.He was using bloodworms of course.I ask him if any nets were out there yet,he said he hadnt seen any.Better get em now,cauze soon it will be a lot perch jerkin for them spunk master males.:clapping2:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I was wonderin if you were gonna post that. Beat me to it. Thats right WP, get em while their hot. Im Just sorry I have to go to work tomorrow. If I feel sick and cant go to work tomorrow, does anyone know where I can get some bloods without driving too much beyond the susky. How about fish bites in blood worm flavor. Do they work just as good?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
shad....Thanks for the report

Tide..personally, fishbites work, but nothing beats the real thing, go with the bloodworms if you can.

I am way south of you guys, but my daughter is near y'all in Havre de Grace, I will let her know the WP are happnin' up there.

Thank you,
Jim

·
Registered
388 Posts
I was wonderin if you were gonna post that. Beat me to it. Thats right WP, get em while their hot. Im Just sorry I have to go to work tomorrow. If I feel sick and cant go to work tomorrow, does anyone know where I can get some bloods without driving too much beyond the susky. How about fish bites in blood worm flavor. Do they work just as good?
Fishbites work pretty good IF the water temps are above 60.
Last summer I used fishbites until the water cooled down in the fall and was impressed again at how well they worked.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I have always had good success with good old fashioned Night Crawlers when blood worms were hard to come by. They are a lot cheaper also.
Tight lines,

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Thanks guys, I thought about using the jiggin methood. May work even better if I tip it with a night crawler. That may be a good way to pinpoint them while drifting (if the drift isnt too fast). I think that guy up the street from the boat ramp that sells out of his garage is only open on the weekend. I heard of a place on Rt.1 past the dam that sells stuff, does anyone know how far it is past the dam?

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Ok I'm gonna give you guys the mother of all WP rigs. Get yourself one of those BPS tungsten spoons. The ones that are really heave but really small. Then above it tie a small jig with a yellow platic tail or shad dart. Now jig this off the bottom and you will slay the big WP. Tip with bloods if ya got'em.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
We fished off the pier Sunday right in Harve de Grace by the food market. Grass shrimp and blood worms were the ticket and we caught perch up to 12". Saw a 13" inc her from another fellow down the pier. Everyone there was catching them one after another all day long. Lots of dinks but enough 9 and 10 inchers to keep our interest and make for some fine eating.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts