Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
James River, terrible looking water fairly strong current, the bite was on and off, but close to 25 croakers all large!! A 19 inch flounder 2 undersized trout, 2c&r stripers schoolie sized, above average blue cats, 3 large Shad c&r, 1 good sized spot, one 18 inch black drum... Great day!! Cooler afternoon into the evening, most croakers were caught slow drifting, and shrimp did as well as blood worms, the accidental flounder hit the shrimp as well...
Fished from around 11 till 930, with the wind dying out with the daylight,

Switching hooks to larger bait almost always led to catching catfish, which was fun, but we don't keep any of em.

Nothin really photo worthy but they are out there fairly thick, great day spent with the wife and kids!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys we were drifting any deeper channels we could find on the fish finder, the current was strong, so I like to throw out a few old window weights, the long skinny kind, I hook 2-3 together, and it works well to slow the boat, course it only works in shallow water with a relatively smooth bottom... I don't know my way to well in that particular area but I bet we didn't travel more than 2 miles away from the boat ramp...

The pier was absolutely packed and it seemed as if they were catching just as many as we were...

I would love to learn a few more hot spots in that area if anyone would care to share, but it was a blast and the kids caught the majority of the fish!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts