Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This truly is an amazing (and awful) story:

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-bucks-hunting-killing-lawyer-20101217,0,3649469.story

I don't understand a bunch of things:

1. How he is charged with involuntary manslaughter given the evidence that he never could have seen the deer.
2. How the fact that he somehow was able to hold a hunting license (I thought felons in PA could not).
3. That is scumbag family who didn't turn him in right away aren't going to rot in jail with him.
4. That the fact he wasn't even legally hunting can't be considered a mitigating circumstance to increase the penalty (hunting with a rifle in that part of PA is illegal - and from the write up, other illegal things were done).

The entire story stinks...and if you missed the original story I posted, basically the guy was hunting a tract of public land he'd hunted forever. A family man, who was a good guy. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
509 Posts
ya, and they said that he had already been convicted of 'reckless hunting' when he shot a man in the neck back in the 90's... this is horrible, i feel so sorry for the other family.

·
Registered
14,322 Posts
WOW! I did not think a convicted felon could possess a firearm, vote or practice law. Being an attorney and knowing the law gives him an edge on skirting the law. I really don't think it was an accident as I said in the earlier post. He has to face his maker at some point and lying does NO good there!............Gary

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
That guys no hunter, he's a serial killer poseing as a hunter who belongs behind bars for the rest of his life.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nothing in PA game law prevents a felon from purchasing a hunting license. Possession and use of firearms is another story. The WCO who was murdered in November was aprehending a convicted felon in posession of a firearm.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Growing up in an are that only allowed shotguns loaded with buckshot for deer hunting I can formulate an understanding of how a hunting accident is possible. Standers have to know where one another are and know where pellets will travel beyond a deer. Having hunted for the last 15 years in a rifle area i have no understanding of how an accident can happen. There is no excuse to look through a scope and not knwo what the hell you are shooting at.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
This is pretty bad all the way around!!! This guy should not even be allowed on the street with a reckless record like that...I hope he does some real time behing bars, but I have my doubts???

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I bet the weapons registered to his girlfriend are dated after his felony conviction. Which leads to the possible other charges.....

·
Registered
531 Posts
A Fellon who even touches a gun is eligible for a 5 year prison term. That's bs. That should be the first thing they got him on. Very sad. I agree, murderer who found away to get away with it.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Totally agree....seems he's not wired right and has tried in the past and was obvioussly and unfortunately successfull this time to carry out his twisted mindset. I'd be interested in seeing if more comes from this case.....1. Balistics from other rifles siezed relative to unsolved hunting deaths 2. bussiness/personal realtions with victim 3. and unsolved murders in and around his home/bussiness area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts