Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around for a good hunting club or for some land to lease on my own (or maybe with a few friends?). I like to hunt everything; quail, rabbits, deer, ducks, geese, woodcock, etc.. with the emphasis on the small game & waterfowl. I'd like to stay within an hour or so of the bay bridge, but don't mind going further for something better..!

I have 2 labs that I hunt with - one is trained to flush, and the other (a pup) is a pointing lab.

If anyone knows of any available leases or clubs that fit the bill, please let me know. I'd also be willing to help out around the place, time permitting. I've been around guns & hunting for a good part of my 28 years and always hunt safely.

Public land has been tough for small game this year & I appreciate any advice you can lend.

Thanks,
Trevor

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
It's getting pretty tough here on the Eastern Shore to find available leases. Most of the property is locked up by the same group year after year.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
if you are interested club is on va eastern shore 3500 acres some marsh , some fields and a lot of woods . you can hunt anything as long as it is in season . we have a clubhouse with gen and cookstoves it is no taj , but you can stay there anytime you want .

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your responses so far

I'm really looking for something east of the bridge as that seems to be where the best hunting is. I know it is expensive to get in on a lease...but I spend a lot of time and walk many miles on public land to find the few birds & rabbits & such that we get.

I'd appreciate a head's up if anyone catches wind of anything.

Thank you Alby for your offer, but VA is a bit far for me (I'm north of Annapolis a bit).

Trev

·
Registered
72 Posts
Trevor,
Stay in touch. I leased a property for a few years outside of Easton with decent luck. Dropped it this year to spend more time hunting blindsites, but may get back into a lease next fall. BMAIL me your email address and phone number.

Ryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts