Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has ever been to Illinois hunting whitetails while using an outfitter. I am looking at Performance Outdoors as an outfitter and was wanting some feed back on them or any experiences that any one has had. Thanks for any.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mharr1977,
I went to Illinois last year and have booked again for this fall. Please send me a message if you have any questions. Illinois is simply awesome and you have to experience it firsthand to appreciate just how good the hunting is up there!

·
Registered
136 Posts
References

Have they, or will they supply references? Not always the best source of info. but it beats nothing. Sometimes you gotta take a leap of faith.
Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Illinoise Ohio Valley Trophy Hunting, its on the net. Have some friends that have been several times and are on the web site as refferences. Jerry Thomas, check out the 180 class that he shot with his bow!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greg B, I booked the hunt with Performance Outdoors. Who are you hunting with this fall? Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm going to a place called The Quailshed which is in Clark county in the eastern part of the state. There were two Booners killed there the week before I hunted this past Nov. Two of my buddies saw a 190" deer while we were there. Which week are you booked?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I booked the first week of November. I start hunting on the 3 and end on the 8, so if the weather is right I should see alot of good bucks. We are hunting in Hancock county.

·
Registered
164 Posts
MHarr,
That should be a good week if it is anything like last year. I am booked the next week after you which is the same one I hunted last year. The big boys were moving around good starting around Holloween. Be ready to see some extremely aggressive deer and you may think about bringing a buck decoy. One guy shot a deer late one evening and forgot his decoy in the field. He went back to get it the next morning and it had been mauled and broken to pieces with a gore hole in the side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts