Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple of pictures from our last couple of days hunting.

Thursday's hunt we were finished by 8:30 with limit of 6 geese

Saturday's hunt we finished by 10:00 with our limit of 6 geese.

Monday's hunt was a little harder and it took us until 12:00 to get our birds but it was still a good hunt.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Where are you hunting?

I tallied up our book today after three of us shot 6 geese this A.M. We've killed 88 geese in 11 hunts out of one pit blind and a 2 acre impoundment. It's one of our better years, to date. Eastern Hanover County, on the Pamunkey.

Shot goose abnded in Port Harrison, Quebec.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Art, Yes, we have been doing pretty good this year. On an average we have been done with a limit around 9:00. We hunted Saturday at one of my other farms and we hunted all day and got 6 birds.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Saw you guys Sat at Twinneys. I was in the F150 with the canoe stickin out. Man I hate 6ft beds. We shot 4 b/t 2 guns in the early afternoon on the river. Then other guy showed up and never fired a shot. The rest of the geese never came to the roost til well after legal. Too darn warm. Woulda been nice today I bet.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Moronehead, I remember seeing a gray Fords F-150 with a canoe in the back, you had a hard time parking in that small parking lot. Saturday was the first time I’ve eaten there, it was pretty good. Either you followed me or I followed you there from over across 301 and Quinn Road.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
That was me. We were over at Millington lookin for timberdoodles midday (nada) and hit Twinneys on the way back to the Elk. Hadnt been in Twinneys in a while. Was nice to catch up with them. Been going there since the early 70s. Good luck these last few days.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Moronehead, I will be hunting in Still Pond/KennedyVille this Saturday there will be hunting Millington for snows after that until snow goose ends Late February. Good luck the rest of the season.

·
Banned
883 Posts
Nice hunt as always, Capt. Mike. I wanted to book a trip with you this year but it never worked out.....when can I start booking for next year's canada season? a friend of mine told me you fill up quick so I need to get with you before you do.
Thanks, Chris[smile]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.