Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's got one and what do they think about them? Anyone heard good/bad things about them? Do they really save money on gas and perform better?

Any opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I had my bass boat, I had one on there. I never saw any improvement in gas mileage. It did handle much better and the hole shot was also improved. All in all it was a good investment.

Jason

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
I've got the SE Sport 300. Third brand I've tried on this boat. Since conditions constantly vary there's no way to tell what it does to fuel consumption. Best overall performer for my boat. Boat had a Doel-Fin when I bought it but I wasn't impressed. My last boat had a Doel-Fin and I didn't have a problem, but the power to weight ratio was better on my last boat.

·
Registered
214 Posts
What do you want to do? Hole shot? Lower planing speed? Foils can help a boat but it depends on a lot of factors. I put a foil on a 13 Whaler with a jack plate...it allowed me to raise the motor a lot to run shallow. Also improved hole shot. You should put one on every "flats" boat. If your engine is mounted low they may slow you down. Some folks add a foil and raise their motor and get better MPG and speed. There is no simple answer. Some consider these the best for lift...but they are not cheap...

http://www.permatrimmarine.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts