1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tap is gonna have a fit!!!

But......

How many of you eat bass?

I kept about 12-13 specks from the weekend along with 2 16" bass. I hadn't eaten any in a while so I said what the heck. Perc, Jim.B, and Achorman looked at me like this :nono::eek2: Well let me tell yall a thing or two. I will NEVER throw another bass back between 14"-16". (I was always told not to keep them over two pounds as they got a little "muddy" tasting) These were excellent!! No lie! I did the taste testing experiment with the fish eatin-est folks I know of, Me and my two daughters, 4 year olds pushing the crappie fillets away to get to the bass. Now I'm not saying its better, I am simply saying the way I cook, it sure seemed to be better or atleast the meat held the flavor of the seasoning better... WHATEVER the case may be these 4 bass fillets had my hizzle in an up roar last night. :thumbup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
heck yea UTR,bass fingers outa cold water are tasty,warm water seems to bring out that muddy taste to me,cut em into finger size for me

·
Registered
268 Posts
my golly. never thought it'd come to this! tap is right. this is blasphemy. i remember my ex-gf's father tricked me into eating bass one night, knowing i didn't like them. will never forget it. nasty!

still, though, if your kiddos liked them, that's good enough for me! :)

makes sense that the cold water would make them tastier. i think that's true pretty much across the board.

·
Registered
390 Posts
them 5 to 8+ lbrs wrapped in bacon and smoked good golley miss molley is all I hear....finger fried also big hit.....them 3 lb. croaker caught near west point this week got my chillens excited as well.......rockfish rules but bass aint bad....white fish bettter than ???? I ask

·
Registered
9 Posts
its like I've told many a BassMaster, the reason they got so popular to begin with was because they are delicious! thats why i love the 2 any size rule. those 10-12 inchers are as good as crappie to me. can't tell the difference and neither could the many BassMasters that I've fed then to at my fish frys!!!LOL

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
We used to eat em on overnight fishing trips. I wasn't sure if it was just being really hungry or? BTW, Smallmouth are even better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts