Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Rhode River around 2 PM. I got a tip from the Fishing Fool that the fish were inside 1A and hitting strong. When I got out there I found the birds working and half a dozen boats. We joined the fray just as the birds sat down to rest.

We went out to #1 and found some more birds. We did a little LTJ and caught a few dinks.

We went out to the oyster beds and pulled in about 30 decent perch so we could say we got something, then went back to the working birds when Andrew called me on the radio and told me everything that was happening behind me.

I was jigging a stingsilver when I got a light hit. I jerked it up, and low and behold I had a 6 inch perch. I dropped down again. Another light hit. Another six in perch. The third time down I got an 8 inch perch.

Overall, we caught a bunch of dink rock (12-16 inches) and a bunch of perch. Not a bad day. Maybe we will be able to get out tomorrow afternoon now that the forecast has been revised to 10-15 instead of a small craft warning.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Hey Joe....................I warned you about hanging out with that Sean guy (Perchjerk). Had to banish him from my boat after too many perch boated:D...........Mark

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sorry to have pulled you away from your perch fishing, I figured those birds might have pointed us in the direction of some sizeable rock. But I guess catching fish is catching fish, and any fish catching beats a day at work.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I think I was right next to you catching dink Rock at one point.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You were the big boat? If you remember a time when I started laughing uncontrollably, that was when I brought up the third perch in a row on a stingsilver.

Andrew, had you not called me off I would have 100 perch to dress today. I am not sure I really wanted to spend the day working on them. As it is I have 30, which will take about an hour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts