Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday Night, Nada on the Tele, Nada on TF.. I see you all, via Whos Online.. Your lurking... Somebody, save me from death, via Boredom.. Please, anybody ????

A joke, a picture, a fishing picture, hell I'll take a picture of your favorite lure.

Picture of your wife, girlfriend, legimate child, illegimate child, I don't care, I'm desperate.

Please, for the love of God, help me in my worstest of times...

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I just took apart my Avet SX right, so I've got a million pieces laying on my little table. So my two y/o comes running by full bore and WHAM my little table and all the little pieces are now somewhere in the neither reaches of my living room rug and under the couch!:eek:

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Russ, I'll baby sit !! MIss the rug rats of yesteryear..

Hey Cheif Tidal Angler Dude, Original is spelled wrong, FYI

Chesapeake Angler - The Original Board This was the orginal board. Find fishing reports & talk covering the Maryland Chesapeake Bay & Tidal Waters

·
Registered
849 Posts
Friday Night, Nada on the Tele, Nada on TF.. I see you all, via Whos Online.. Your lurking... Somebody, save me from death, via Boredom.. Please, anybody ????

A joke, a picture, a fishing picture, hell I'll take a picture of your favorite lure.

Picture of your wife, girlfriend, legimate child, illegimate child, I don't care, I'm desperate.

Please, for the love of God, help me in my worstest of times...
wanna come over and help me clean the basement?

AND -- big plus here -- i'm gonna put new washers in the laundry sink later! :eek:

b

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Hey Brian-

Do you like mystery novels? I never get bored but if I get close, I pick up a good mystery thriller. If I get hooked on it, I plow on until it is done or until my eyes will not take it anymore. My wife reads three per week so we are overrun with them.

If you think this board is slow, you should see how slow the fly board is at times. I put a silly thread up over there just to try to get some discussion going.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother,
I feel your pain. I just got back from taking SWMBO to a wake for her boss's mom. And now I'm at the computer in search of some entertainment myself. Your right about the tube, I think I'm watching Earthquake or some diaster move that SUX. I should be tying deep drop rigs, but; I'm not sure what to tie. Maaybe professional wrestling or the L Word will be on later

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bill my wife is just like yours. Two Patterson Novels a week. I've read few ,but get bored.

Now I'm reduced to watching Super Bowl Commericals... Somebody, any body.. kill me..

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
OK GB since I'm bored also I'll try to walk you through it. Take 6 foot piece of 50# mono. You need 3 dropper loops about 1 1/2 feet apart then a loop at the bottom for the sinker. I tie a swivel at the top and you're done. Make the dropper loops at 3-5 inches long to hang the hooks away formt he main line abit. Need an illustration of a dropper loop? Basically you just make a loop then twist about 9 twist in it. Pull the loop through the middle twist and cinch down. For the sinker loop just double the line then tie and overhand kont in it but pull the tag end through twice and pull tight.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Heading to Ft Lauderdale Sun morning for two days of fishing then two days of meetings. Checked the weather for down there just now, and the temp is supposed to drop 15 degrees by Sunday, 15mph winds, and rain likely both days. :mad: Thinking about this trip has kept me somewhat sane this winter......Guess I'll pop open a bottle of red now.....:(

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother,
Well thank you my brother. Thats pretty much what I was thinking. I was told to use an 8/0 hook on the bottom if I'm interested in a Tilefish because they only hit the bottom hook. Then other hooks can be 5/0's or #12 circle hooks. I have some old Tog rigs I tied that will work in a pinch. Now....what else can we do to keep ourselves entartained on this boring evening???

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
just got the Sx back together. Was'nt easy finding all those littele washers. Now I gotta do the drag upgrade on my Torium.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
OK, since I mentioned it on the "HO guide" thread, here's kind of a funny story from 20 years ago. I have an uncle that is not happy unless he has paid top dollar for the latest and greatest. (Luckily those genes were passed to my brother, and are only recessive in me.) This uncle had a Walkman, a "VHS" recorder, a CD player, the Internet, etc. a year before nay normal person heard of them. As a 16 y/o that loved fishing, he gave me a very very nice German fillet knife, complete with tooled leather sheath. ($40?) So nice that I never took it out of the tackle box until one day out on the Bay. My older brother and I were fishing with the brother of a girl he was "seeing". I'll change his name to protect the ignorant, and call him "Billy", born and bred in Rock Hall.

Well, we had caught, and kept, about a dozen 2 lb bluefish. The only cooler aboard was too small for the whole fish, so I set about filleting these fish and putting them in the cooler. I did 11 out of the 12. Then "Billy" pipes up, and says that I am wasting too much meat, and then he says that he can fillet a fish so good that when he's finished you can read a newspaper through the carcass. That should have been a clue, because "Billy" couldn't even spell his own name, much less read a newspaper. But I handed over my German masterpiece knife, turned, reached for a drink, and before I could pop the top, I heard "Billy" say, "Whose knife was that?" Overboard in Hickory Thicket on Day One.

So we head back, 11 sets of fillets in the cooler, one ash gray bluefish curling in the sun. Since no offer was forthcoming, I waited and said something to my brother afterwards. "I don't really expect him to get me $40 German replacement, but he is going to at least buy me a cheapo, right?" And that's when my brother told me the "Billy" just had his car repo'ed because he couldn't make his $50 a month payment. So I bought the cheapo, and I'm pretty sure that fillet knife #2 has survived 20 years among a handful of knives stashed in different tackle boxes.

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Brian

I almost had to move this thread to the BS board, but since your boredom actually helped TF with catching a spelling error and I feel bad you are at the computer bored I just have to let it go tonight. Thanks for catching the spelling error. I am surprised the Hot Chick thread on the BS board is not keeping you busy

Here is a really deep drop pic, got this guy at about 1200 feet in the Bahamas in Nov or Dec, can not remember which trip, but it was deeeeeeep dropping and man was this good eating! Can not wait to get back there at the end of the month again :)

Brandon

Attachments

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Go clean some reels. I just finished disassembling, cleaning, regreasing, and assembling two Penn 4500 SS and two Penn 9M reels. Stripped the line from three 9wt fly reels and they are next in the queue. After that, 7 more Penn 4500s get the treatment.

I figure by the time I get them all cleaned and fresh line put on them, it will be time to hit location X.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts