Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out of town for a while and I'm suprised to see no threads on the hearings this last week.

Anyway I'm sure you Dems are pumped up with pride over
the way your guys handled themselves.

Bert

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
It was like a three stooges movie. A whole flock of effete intellectual snobs took an a-- whipping from Alito. As usual, it was the northeast and Calif. with Durbin thrown in as the token midwest whiner.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Why theres a good chance this idiotic emminent domain debackle will be overturned, when Alito gets confirmed. I would have thought that even libs would be happy with that move.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
[Q]Capt Frank originally wrote:
Why theres a good chance this idiotic emminent domain debackle will be overturned, when Alito gets confirmed. I would have thought that even libs would be happy with that move.
[/Q]Are you aware that both O'Connor and Rehnquist were "dissenting" opinions? If Alito and Roberts vote the same way, it would change nothing.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
New ideas, maybe. Changing votes, not likely.[smile]
Congress will have to fix this. More laws. I thought you Cons. hated that kind of thing.[smile]

·
Registered
45 Posts
[Q]Capt Frank originally wrote:
[/Q]Alito has almost always sided with big government and big business in his decisions. Don't expect any changes.

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
His record does not indicate that according to the ABA and the sitting judges of the third circut.Now if you listen to a credible guy like Teddy,then I can see where you are comming from.[grin]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts