Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The folks from Chris' Bait and Tackle published a good article about Bobbing for Stripers, however, I don't get how to set the loop as described. Can anyone provide a little better description? I'd like to have things figured out before I head down in December.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ok... I think I get it now. :clap::clap:

- From the rod end, thread the line through the peg and then through the bobber.
- Remove the peg from the bobber and put a loop in the line in between the peg and the bobber
- Put the peg back in the bobber making sure that the twist in the bottom of the loop is held in place by the side of the peg
- When the line is pulled from the hook end the loop easily comes undone and allows the line to move freely through the bobber.

It's so simple it confused me... :D:D

·
Registered
843 Posts
It looks like after you thread the line thru the peg and float and before you insert peg into float you pull some slack line back up thru float forming a loop so that when you insert the peg there is line to wedge into the float with the peg. You can set float so bait is any depth below the float and when fish is on, the loop gets pulled thru the float and the float will fall down to where the egg sinker is. You could have bait 50 feet below float and when you reel in line the float will be at the egg sinker.

You solved the question before I could get my post on.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
yes indeed

there is a much better bobber tho for few bucks more

·
Registered
875 Posts
Shaggy

There is a new bobber that has a line clip on one end and a release at the other that doesn't require a peg. Going to give them a try this year. Also that hook seem mighty big try a 7/0.

Bill Fisher

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Shaggy

There is a new bobber that has a line clip on one end and a release at the other that doesn't require a peg. Going to give them a try this year. Also that hook seem mighty big try a 7/0.

Bill Fisher
Those are thge ones I mentioned above - SOLD OUT Today (here) ..... like 30 of them this morning.....CRAB CREEK PIZZA/TACKLE (Old Jimmy's) has about 6 or so left on the Tackle wall...... 464 9190 ask for Ann

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Bass Pro as them, but, they want $7.95 for them as they come with the leader and attached circle hook and a one oz. egg sinker.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Stay away from BPS pretied rigs. Tie the rigs yourself so you know it's done properly. Use quality barrel swivels and hooks. There is nothing worse than a 50 cent swivel letting your 50 pound fish swim away!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
stop by Chris's tackle when you get your bait & get bobers also,, they are very helpful & will show you how to rig them,,also prices are Much cheaper there

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
A $1.99 Pool noodle will make about 8 to 10 floats - Use wine cork for peg [ reason to buy wine] . If you want to switch to no float just pull the circle hook thru the hole backwards.
When you catch a fish the line will slide thru and float will be at rod tip. Works great. Also works great as float-back for Cobia.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts