Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying any help or advice will be greatly appreciated! I don't know anything about the Delaware Bay. I started striper fishing about 4 years ago in the Chesapeake. I have done OK there, 0-4 fish per day. Last year I started to fish the Raritan once the fish got there and did pretty well. I am not sure if I want to go to the C or D bay at the beginning of the season. I have a 21'CC if that helps answer any questions. My questions are....

since I am from PA how far down the bay would I need to go to get to the better fishing?
is bait fishing best in the early season or does everyone troll like the Chesapeake?
Any boat ramp reccomendations?
if bait what type and where do I get it? (bait shop reccomendation)
Are any licenses needed like the one needed in the Chesapeake?
Any other help or info?

Thanks! Steve

·
Registered
265 Posts
It seems like the better fishing in the Delaware is from Brandywine Shoal to the mouth of the bay. There is a great ramp facility on Cedar Creek at Slaughter Beach. It is a public landing with PLENTY of parking but it does require a Delaware permit which will run you about $30. So far, there is no required Delaware Bay fishing permit. There is also a good baitshop at the entrance to the Slaughter Beach facility.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information guys! I may ask more questions in the future. I can't wait! My son is driving me nuts already. Hurry up fish!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Steve, i am also from Pa, you can go to Bowers beach Delaware and Launch out of there, that is about the middle of the bay, good for striper,flounder,blues,sharks, or whatever else you might want to find?? shoot me an email [email protected]

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been fishing DB for 35 yrs. The fishing has really changed, there is more pressure on the fish now. The fish are there, but in smaller areas now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts