Tidal Fish Forum banner

I don't know why I even look

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Kayak fisherman 
#1 ·
Why do I torture myself and bother to look. I even checked the marine forecast daily while visiting family in Indiana last week when there was no possibility of fishing. This SST look purday for new years eve...and even Sunday looks semi-fishable. But I've already put away my offshore gear so I am going to check myself into a rehab clinic to resist temptation. :D

See less See more
#4 ·
Where?

The dog-leg at the bottom is Hattaras Point. Below that is Hattaras Inlet and then Occracoke Inlet. From Hattaras Point Northward is Outer Banks up to the Virginia border(Dotted line). Oregon Inlet is to the right of the Water Temp color guide.
budc

#5 ·
I am trying to get a crew together for sunday out of OI, If it happen I'll let you know.

But my real question is where would you start your search at and mabe why? With such a huge piece of blended water
it's a lot of area to cover. 2 areas stick out for me.

71 degree stuff from the 900 south
68-69 degree stuff from the 400 south

#10 ·
I am trying to get a crew together for sunday out of OI, If it happen I'll let you know.

But my real question is where would you start your search at and mabe why? With such a huge piece of blended water
it's a lot of area to cover. 2 areas stick out for me.

71 degree stuff from the 900 south
68-69 degree stuff from the 400 south
That there is a big issue. It's a big ocean out there and if you had several boats helping to find the fish then your odds go up in finding them but if your only boat searching, it's hard to stumble into a pod of fish on your own. But if I was going (and I'm not), I would try to find the where the warmest water up north touches the 100 fa line and just work that.

#7 ·
...and even Sunday looks semi-fishable. But I've already put away my offshore gear .... :D
But Mike, it's really easy to break out the deep drop gear and run to the Canyon.

And gas is so inexpensive... I paid $1.389 when I filled at Cove Marina yesterday morning.... :yes:

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.