Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When The Fisherman announced they were dropping the Mid-Atl Edition, I opted to transfer my subscription over to the NJ/DE edition. Got my first "new" edition yesterday. I'll be ending my subscription when it expires.

I'm fairly certain those who may also have opted for the same choice, and also fish the Maryland market, will understand my disappointment when they get their first issue.

What say others?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm going to give it a chance. Actually, I liked the overall presentation of the mag., but recognize that it did not cover the Upper Chesapeake very well. Hopefully that's because there's not too much going on here now and coverage will pick up as the fishing does. I will miss the announcements for all the local winter fishing shows and seminars. Also, it seems like they're going to cover Deleware Bay as good as the Mid-Atlantic did and hopefully Lewes to Ocean City. I guess we'll just have to rely on TF for our best fishing reports, which has always been the case anyway. Great fishing to all in 2011

·
Registered
527 Posts
The an article on Tog fishing in the NJ/DEL edition I received might be the same one that appeared in one of the final issues of the Mid-Atlantic edition. Will check when I get a few minutes.

Going to give the NJ/DEL edition a try.

gene

·
Registered
152 Posts
I too switched but I havent gotten my first issue yet. I still find it hard to believe, there wasnt a market for this publication in this mid atlantic region. Even though it has been going downhill, I would have paid more to keep the regional issue just for local news and happenings.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I had been talking to them last fall because I was an advertiser and I had to make a decision as to whether I wanted to continue once they dropped our area. The bad part for me was it was at that same time in late fall when our business winds down and rarely does anyone even go into my store. Most of you at that time just want gas which is outside so I couldn't really judge if I would still be able to sell the magazines themself. I was assured that they would still cover our area sufficiently if I continued. He did tell me most opted to switch to the NJ edition. The problem was a lack of advertisers, not readers in this area. I told the man that it is "possible" that it could have been a weak sales team down here. I think more people might have advertised if approached. I can't be sure of that but it was my guess. I offered to try to help them gain more advertisers down here but so far they have not responded. I like the magazine a lot and always enjoyed looking every week to see which of my customers made it into the photo section. I hope they contact me again because I would like to see them do well in Maryland so they will continue covering us. Christy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts