Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't up load a Photo, so be it......

Any how, got ticked off with the fule prices and chose to crab insted of fishing. The plan was to crab the EB with traps to get just enough for dinner.

Time
11:45 am
Till 1:45pm

Traps with snoods and clam bags

26 traps total.

The catch? : 2/3 Bushel

Size : 1's 2's 3 jimmies

Several traps had doubbles

6-8 feet deep

Temp 61-62f

Others caught much more then we did, we were just out for FUN and did we get it? YES.../.,.

GO GET EM BOYS!!!!!!!

TED

Attachments

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can't belive the photo attached after all that BS ,,,,, Anyhow that was just the start, The wife is sunbrunt and the house smells like J.O. drinking a beer now uuummm life is good..

TED

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Thats awesome! I need to get my butt in gear. Where 'bouts on EB? (not looking for exact just area) I have 2 weeks off coming up culminating with my birthday (29 again) and self caught crabs would be great! Need to find a good bait guy up here in Chestertown. Thanks for the report and enjoy!
Mike

·
Registered
14,402 Posts
Damn Ted First a stinger hook in your leg and now ya got crabs:eek2: Glad you didn't burn much fule and sorry your wife got sunbrunt.:hysterical: How did that beer taste:wacko:............Gary

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was that you I ran into out there today? I was in the green V aluminum with my 5 year old just picking my line up.
I do belive it was you! Thanks for the spot. After you left everone else soon followed. Boy oh Boy did the wind pick up !

Mike, we were just in the mouth of Shipping Creek. I don't crab there offten as it can get REALY busy. Any one of the creek with water depth of 6-8 ft should be good now..

TED

·
Registered
579 Posts
Do you guys think crabs are in the Wye yet? I want to take my 86 year dad out asap and am looking for a place to go. I'm in harford county but down mind going to da 'shure. Where do you guys launch when you go to EB? When they get that old, any trip can be their last so any info you guys provide I will certainly appreciate.. We normally keep and crab out of the GP so I won't be burning your spots...

·
Registered
579 Posts
PS and off topic. With all the talk about our awesome Armed forces these days. Here's my Dad's POW story from WWII, just in case there are any WWII history buffs out there. Alot of people have heard of the Bataan death march but have not heard about the "black death" march in Europe where thousands and thousands POW's were marched across Poland and Germany towards end of war.

http://www.tcgbarcode.com/images/stories/pow_wc.pdf

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Ted, thanks. Explored the area the other day after we got blown out so I know the area now. Just got a freezer for the garage so now I need bait and I'll be ready to roll. See ya out there. As long as my rock skunk doesn't follow me to crabbing.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Thanks for the report, about time!

Probably too early for the Wye, for whatever reason it doesn't really get going there until about Memorial day and not in full swing until close to the 4th of July. If you need help with a location send me a PM and I'll give you some ideas.

·
Registered
41 Posts
PS and off topic. With all the talk about our awesome Armed forces these days. Here's my Dad's POW story from WWII, just in case there are any WWII history buffs out there. Alot of people have heard of the Bataan death march but have not heard about the "black death" march in Europe where thousands and thousands POW's were marched across Poland and Germany towards end of war.

http://www.tcgbarcode.com/images/stories/pow_wc.pdf
brian, thanks so much for the story. really makes you think about what men went through for this country. my father fought, and was wounded, in the battle of the bulge and had some pretty vivid stories. he was a good father, and a great man. its hard to think about what they went through. thank your father for me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts