Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And apologize if I have offended anyone. In another thread, though I thought I was speaking my mind in a civil manner, but I must have ruffled some feathers. If you are one that I pissed off, please feel free to board mail me and we will continue our discussion civilly there. If you wanna cuss me out for it... say what you would like. I didnt think it was at a boiling point but I guess I'm wrong. :jackthread:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Oh, you're a bad, bad boy!!!!!!!!! Atleast they didnt send you to your room J.

You have to be ever so careful around these parts as panties can get all bunched up in a hurry.
:nono: :nono:

You know, one knuckle head can turn a good post bad in a hurry!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Jake,

Given the subject matter and the emotions that go along with it, I, for one, feel you have been reasonable, articulate, and intelligent in your argument.

As a rec, I am not sure that I could ever be eye to eye with you and your position...but in contrast to the other posts on that thread in question, you are narrowing that gulf and have been a gentleman in doing do.

Kindest regards,
Don

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Don't sweat it Jake...I see both sides on the other thread. I don't think there is a right or a wrong, and I do understand your point about Caton being so blatent to tell everyone in the world that he is intentionally targeting a species that are illegal past the "Holy Line as he puts it".

I know everybody has those days and times but we all tried to be discreet about it...I guess that's not necessary anymore. It sounds like to me just go and catch them since VMRC and the Coasties can't do nothing but sit and watch since you are not in possesion.

It does take balls to hook up while they are driving away and snap a picture as if to say... screw you!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Offending people on this site should be the last thing to appologize for.
People love a good fight on this site. Just look at the all the pages generated when a good fight is unfolding. On the other hand post a fishing report you get nothing but the ole proverbial, attaboy, great job and let's not forget the ole ....you the man!

Don't worry about it, many good folks have just left the board because they got tired of fighting or explaining themselves.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Offending people on this site should be the last thing to appologize for.
People love a good fight on this site. Just look at the all the pages generated when a good fight is unfolding. On the other hand post a fishing report you get nothing but the ole proverbial, attaboy, great job and let's not forget the ole ....you the man!

Don't worry about it, many good folks have just left the board because they got tired of fighting or explaining themselves.
Well said there den.

Hey lets go FISHING this week!! Give me a call when you get a chance.

Dennis:))

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I fail to see what was so offensive in the thread to cause it to be locked down. Such is a day in the life on tidal fish when fewer folks are out fishing.

I didn't go fishing this weekend but did get a few things accomplished. Replaced my outrigger lines with 400 lb mono, black for the longs and red for the shorts. I put on some teaser reels to run squid chain teasers off the outriggers. This afternoon, I assembled more offshore rigs and got things organized. In other words.....I'm ready to go fishing now. :cool2: :cool2: Please let some good water move in soon and give us a weather window. :))

G

·
Okay - I'm missing something here with the thread shut down. Don't know what happened but just watched the the Clint eastwood Movie FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS so I'm wondering where the first amendment is here???

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Dude no way should apologize for being 100% right. I always defended this board because as long as we did'nt bash one another we where always allowed to defend the truth. Personally I think anyone admittedly breaking the law should be banned.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I requested that Brandon Lock the thread as I was the one who initiated it. He was kind enough to honor my request. The subject , as I began it, (in my opinion)had gotten lost in the discussion. If you guys want to go on in your direction........fine.

Bob Allen longtime recreational angler, Hampton, VA

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
Bob, I can appreciate you stepping forward and saying, "I did it." You have always been a man about things like this and it is why I respect you even though we do not always agree.

Russ, I wish you wouldn't push me to take Caton's side. He and I have run head on against one another on this site for years. However, he has merely proved the point I was making several weeks back that the law is written too poorly to enforce. I would suggest that you take that up with your state legislator because a law that is not enforceable is the same as no law at all.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Law seems pretty clear to me. The fatc that it's not enforced correctly does'nt make it right. In my world a real man lives by whats right and not by what someone will let him get away with. C&R kills fish. Just because you release them all does'nt mean they all live. I know many who have gotten tickets for breaking this law so it must mean something to someone in law enforcement.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bob, You sure know how to get the gang fired up!:nono: You'll be remember for a long time!:yes: But, I understand your opinion, good luck.....DBIGFSH:innocent:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
In before lock.. Sorry I have just always wanted to say that:D . Don't sweat it Ray....I mean Jake. Seriously - You are about as "stand up" as they come. Keep posting and don't fret.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Wind from the South is Appriciated

And apologize if I have offended anyone. In another thread, though I thought I was speaking my mind in a civil manner, but I must have ruffled some feathers. If you are one that I pissed off, please feel free to board mail me and we will continue our discussion civilly there. If you wanna cuss me out for it... say what you would like. I didnt think it was at a boiling point but I guess I'm wrong. :jackthread:
---Whats any better in the Fishing Game than Ruffled Feathers , wether its on the dock, over a drink, in the cab of a pickup truck, or this Modern Contraption called the Internet-

---Personaly it gave this ole Rusty Crusty an opertunity to Vent on the subject of "OUR Fish"--In no way was i Personaly Chastiseing you --It was a Generality , an attempt to try to Describe what it is like to be the Provider, & to be Throttled to trolling speed when it comes to our 24 day non resident season --No Apoligy Ness. Capt.--I think it was a Great thread & Bob, I also see your Reasoning & basis for a lock down ---The Chesapeake Starts in ya'alls neck of the woods & ends a short distance North, a lot closer than one thinks --We all are affected by the Pros & Cons of life on the water--One thing Sure We see the Same Sunrise --geo

·
Registered
535 Posts
One must remember. Some judges may need to be educated upon the “reason” for or the “intent” of a law. Right or wrong, each judge has his own interpretation of each law.

A good officer will know what case to bring before the court and what case NOT to bring before the court.

The hunting and fishing laws are not as cut-and-dried as a simple speeding violation.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
RUSSD;Just wondering ; C&R is killing fish yet Mr. Bain gives awards to those who do it in the bay during a CLOSED season. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?? I know the ezz is the feds. but how can breaking one law be rewarded and if you choose to break another be the end of the fishery as we know it?

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
It's my opinion that it's wrong to award fish caught out of season. Giving awards for fish caught out of season encourages illegal activity. Look all I really whant is one set of rules for everyone. Alot of the fisherman I know have respected the EEZ for alot of years. The fish that congregate there are very very easy to catch and are all big breeders. Disturbing them without limit is potentioally killing more fish than just keeping a limit and moving on. The Fed law is clear about targeting Striped bass outside of 3 miles. Any ethical man who respects laws and the fishery would not do it simply because it was'nt enforced correctly. I know Monty Hawkins out of OC. runs over big schools of rockfish every single trip out. Now don't you think he would love to have his clients release some monsters? You know why he does'nt? Number one it's because he is a good man and second is because he cares about the state of our fishery more than anyone I know. Those are the charter captains I choose to patronize.

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
Law seems pretty clear to me. The fatc that it's not enforced correctly does'nt make it right. In my world a real man lives by whats right and not by what someone will let him get away with. C&R kills fish. Just because you release them all does'nt mean they all live. I know many who have gotten tickets for breaking this law so it must mean something to someone in law enforcement.
The law seems pretty clear to you because you are not in the legal profession. Ask the officers, the lawyers, and the judges and you will get an ear full.

You don't know anyone who has gotten a ticket for breaking this law and releasing the fish. It has not happened. If people don't like the law they should contact their congressman to have it changed. But, a law that is not enforceable is the same thing as no law at all and it really has nothing to do with what kind of man you are or aren't.

I have not fished in the EEZ this year. I have no plans to rockfish anymore this year either, so understand this is not about me. I'm merely pointing out the obvious.

btw, it is against the rules to apply for a citation rockfish caught in the EEZ. I know people who have done it and even been on the boat when it happened but I never would do it nor would I sign as a witness. If they want to hang a lie up on their wall that's their business but I won't have any part in it.

However, I hope to have my citation flounder this year before April 1. I plan to catch and release the fish since they have changed the regulations on me. According to the rules this is ok, so I am playing by the rules and I'm sorry if you don't like that.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts