Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was on my boat today fishing in 100 mph east winds and torrential downpours I decided to call the weather number. They said it was light SE winds....hmmm....they must measure the wind from the inside of their building. I would make a great weather man b/c I am usually wrong about things 50% of the time.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
today we had 25-30 mph wind. weather said 10-15 with an occassional higher gust. saw 1 other idiot out today......neil. I'm hoping it will snow on me on Wed.

·
Registered
158 Posts
that reminds me of 2 saturdays ago .. weathermen said light wind with moderate gusts 15-20 .. needless to say that wind from the south was blowing us straight up river .. double anchor and all .. and that was on outgoing tide!

i've never taken such a beating driving back to the dock with the waves it produced

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey Chris, you know what they forgot to tell you. When they call for 10 to 15 they really mean 10 + 15 = what it will really blow. If you use this formula it will be closer to the truth in most of the time. Try to figure out a wind forcast to offshore fish out of hatteras in a 24' boat. You go out and its slick calm, they are calling for the wind to pick up to 15 to 20 in the afternoon. Well about 9:00am, afternoon in Paris, the wind goes from nothing to a solid 40 in 10 minutes out of the direction you have to go to get home 35 miles away. Been there and done it. Not fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts