Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by the riot on North Ave and jumped right in. Managed to get into a liquor store but was not able to score any bottles.

Must be getting old - 10 years ago I would have gotten out with at least three or four 5ths.

Did not have any better luck at the CVS store - by time I got there , all the good pills had been taken.

Seriously , you could not pay me to live in the city.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
They should burn those boarded up houses on north avenue, would have improved the neighborhood, SMH.
On the getting old, you're not alone, LOL.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Mace and a good hard rubber billy used profusely should bring some of them in line. Given the fact that these thugs/punk kids don't have an authority figure in their lives they'll all end up on the street thinking that they are Owed something. Baltimore will end up like Detroit. It's got about as much talent in the mayor's office as Detroit.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Since the riots began in the 60's, I've never understood how burning down your own neighborhood and stealing from the store owners who serve your neighborhood have any meaning to what they are supposed to be upset about.

Now if you all will excuse me, I'm really mad about the high taxes in MD - - I have to go destroy Skip's boat in protest. :52:

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've never understood how burning down your own neighborhood and stealing from the store owners who serve your neighborhood have any meaning to what they are supposed to be upset about.

Now if you all will excuse me, I'm really mad about the high taxes in MD - - I have to go destroy Skip's boat in protest. :52:
Good analogy. I don't get the whole mentality. I'm with you on taxes, let me know when you want to meet at Skip's house.

·
Premium Member
26,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess it boils down to how you are raised.

I always saw my father go to work each day and how careful he took care of things he bought with hard earned money.

When I began working at 14 - quickly I learned to respect just how tough it was to earn money. Honestly never vandalized anything in my life - doing that just did not make sense to me.

What the rioters are thinking is beyond my comprehension - be like me burning down local bait shops I patronize.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts