Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling my boat to upgrade to 26 twin vee after research diffferent cats. Any one know any good brokers i should sell through. Also any idea how much i can get for boat. The boat is a 2000 trophy 2002 repowered in 2006 with 175 verado with 65hrs, new bimini top and curtains and all livewell and fishwell pumos replce in 2007. 6 flush mount rod holders, raw water wash down, dual batts., color lowarance fishfinder and garmin gps

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Call Jim or Beth Maier at By Owner Yachts in downtown annapolis. He has several plans to chose from. Full brokerage at 10% or a 3% plan where you show your boat and he does all the paperwork, advertising and inital phone calls to weed out tire kickers. He will give you a list of comps to what they have sold for as well as what others are listed for. He will also get your boat advertised in a bunch of places like boattraderonline.com, boat shopper magazine, and a buch of others.

I used the flex plan of 3% and it worked well for me. I saved 7% over full brokerage and all I had to do was show my boat. He also helped me buy my next boat and did the deal as a trade in. I was able to save on paying sales tax on my current boat as you only pay the difference in equity of the boats in tax. Since I only paid 3% in brokerage fees yet saved the 5% in sales tax, I was up 2% on the transaction. The price he got on my current boat was about the same deal I was able to work on my own (he speaks to the sales company and acts as their salesman and just gets the commission their in-house rep would get).

His number is 410.280.3212 and webste is http://www.byowneryachts.com

·
Registered
954 Posts
Selling my boat to upgrade to 26 twin vee after research diffferent cats. Any one know any good brokers i should sell through. Also any idea how much i can get for boat. The boat is a 2000 trophy 2002 repowered in 2006 with 175 verado with 65hrs, new bimini top and curtains and all livewell and fishwell pumos replce in 2007. 6 flush mount rod holders, raw water wash down, dual batts., color lowarance fishfinder and garmin gps
Edited because it is a commerical

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.