Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you might guess charter fishing is kind of slow right now. Most of us are lucky to fish a day or two a week. We just had a baby girl a month ago and with the slow economy, my savings are dwindling down. I have done all the work on the boat I can possibly tolerate and rather than sit at home on the couch, I need to find some temporary part time work. I am just looking for something I can do here and there and make some money on the side. I dont really care what kind of work it is and I am pretty wide open for suggestions. My only requirements are that I need to work in the southside area. It has been several years since I have worked for someone other than myself but I have all kinds of experience. I am a very hard worker, a quick, smart learner, and very good with my hands. I worked in the shipyard for a couple years and have all kinds of metalworking skills, I owned and operated a restraunt for a while and can work a restraunt inside and out, I worked with my family renovating houses for a while, and as you can imagine I can do just about anything a boat needs done to it. Like I said, I am not looking for a career, I just need to do something to make some quick cash for a little while until striper season gets here. If anybody has anything, feel free to send me a bmail or give me a call at 757-749-6008. Thanks, Jake

·
Registered
589 Posts
jake I feel you my company told us they are shutting the doors 500 of us dumbfoundedI live in mechanicsville 14 years of security on a job with paid health care an a pension plan an a 401k.worked for reynolds metals seems to be the american way now.on the bright side just in time for rockfish season good luck

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
I owe a construction company in Md. We are slow as can be right now.
Things are tight for everyone- as you not having parties shows.

Hope you find a nice part time job - good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Jake... I'll talk with my partner tommorrow. We're selling more than we can do right now and can probably use another pair of hands for at least a couple months.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hang in there Jake. "These are the times that try men's souls". If you were closer I could put you to work today. I can't find decent help. It's a shame. More and more Americans are just looking for a handout and the government is obliging. People such as yourself who aren't afraid to get dirty will always find work.

Good Luck:clap:

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Book us for a special charter too will ya Jake ...... Myself,Doug,Dennis,Billy,Todd,Harvey......ALL MY BEST
's are in !

Call me if you need a trip......

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Jake... Looks like we're going to be hiring another full time person, 6 days a week, 50-60 hrs. a week. I'll get in touch with you if we still need more help after filling this position.

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Jake - if you're interested in the UPS gig... I've got a buddy who's a manager over there... I'll give him a call if it's something you want to go for.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hoo Boy Jake i can relate to your plight! I just found out today that they are shutting down the plant I work in. Come January myself and 1200 people will be out of work in Richmond Va. Sure hope things go better for you!

John

·
Registered
783 Posts
Jake & John (and others)

Not long ago I started this thread to talk about my new business (http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/virginia-angler/241929-ot-my-new-business.html ). I'm working it part-time, and am building a good team. Revenue has started coming in, and as my team grows, it will continue to grow. Even though I can't devote a lot of time to the business, it's one that can work around my schedule. For those that can devote more time, the business can grow faster, less time and it'll be s slower process. The choice is yours.

As home-based businesses go, this one has many benefits. Rather than get into a full-fledged presentation, may I make a suggestion? A friend of mine is giving a presentation at his home tonight (Thursday) at 7:30 pm. He lives off Kempsville Rd in Chesapeake, just past Volvo Pkwy and Central Meats. If you are really looking for a business that you can do on your terms, please consider giving it a look. All it will cost you is an hour of your time to see what it's all about. What the returns to that hour will be are up to you. Please email me at [email protected] or pm me here.

John - I know you're in Richmond. For you and anyone else who's unavailable tonight, we are also having our first ever Regional Event on Saturday starting at 10 am at the Holiday Inn Executive Center on Greenwich Rd (just off Newtown Rd at I-264). We have two Regional Vice Presidents, one from San Diego and the other from Baltimore, in town, and many other very successful executives from the local area in attendance. Please let me know if you are coming to either event so I can look for you. Arriving by 0930 on Saturday would be best so we can get you registered.

This business has changed my life, and I am looking forward to helping my friends attain their own goals. Give it a look.

Joe

·
Registered
382 Posts
Jake & John (and others)

Not long ago I started this thread to talk about my new business (http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/virginia-angler/241929-ot-my-new-business.html ). I'm working it part-time, and am building a good team. Revenue has started coming in, and as my team grows, it will continue to grow. Even though I can't devote a lot of time to the business, it's one that can work around my schedule. For those that can devote more time, the business can grow faster, less time and it'll be s slower process. The choice is yours.

As home-based businesses go, this one has many benefits. Rather than get into a full-fledged presentation, may I make a suggestion? A friend of mine is giving a presentation at his home tonight (Thursday) at 7:30 pm. He lives off Kempsville Rd in Chesapeake, just past Volvo Pkwy and Central Meats. If you are really looking for a business that you can do on your terms, please consider giving it a look. All it will cost you is an hour of your time to see what it's all about. What the returns to that hour will be are up to you. Please email me at [email protected] or pm me here.

John - I know you're in Richmond. For you and anyone else who's unavailable tonight, we are also having our first ever Regional Event on Saturday starting at 10 am at the Holiday Inn Executive Center on Greenwich Rd (just off Newtown Rd at I-264). We have two Regional Vice Presidents, one from San Diego and the other from Baltimore, in town, and many other very successful executives from the local area in attendance. Please let me know if you are coming to either event so I can look for you. Arriving by 0930 on Saturday would be best so we can get you registered.

This business has changed my life, and I am looking forward to helping my friends attain their own goals. Give it a look.

Joe
Amway is good this time of year:jackthread:

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all your replies and all your help guys. The people on this site are really something. Doug Whalen has given me a job in the shop over at Whalen's Marine. Dougs a really nice guy, needs the help, and offered me exactly what I was looking for. I sincerely thank all of you.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Amway is good this time of year:jackthread:
Your comment really isn't fair. I wasn't jacking the thread. Jake was looking for a job. To me, a job is a way to make money. My own charter business is one way to make money. Direct sales is another way to make money.

Not wanting to get into an online argument with you, and truly jacking this thread, the only similarity with what I've got going and Amway is they are both multilevel marketing businesses. That is where the similarities END. Do yourself a favor and see what it's all about before you start shooting (off target maybe?).

See you on the water,

Joe

·
Registered
783 Posts
You're right, Amway is now "Quickstar" I believe. They are still in business but I don't have any more information about that business.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
The pyramids that I think is being referenced are those "schemes" from years back where only those who were at the top saw any money at all.
<o:p> </o:p>
Think about it, all organizations are pyramids of some sort. When I was a Radio Shack store manager, I made money from the efforts of my employees. My district manager's income was directly related to how successful the stores in the district were. And the regional manager was likewise compensated for the efforts of the districts. Is this organization not a pyramid?
That being said, I have my own business. It is a direct marketing business where I deal directly with my own customers as well as those on my team. It is also known as a multilevel marketing business. My success is directly related to my efforts. Your success, if you choose to get started, will be likewise influenced by your own efforts.
If anyone is interested in learning about what I'm doing, I'd love to have an intelligent discourse with you. As I stated earlier, I was offering a possible solution to Jake's problem. If he decides to look into it, I'll be happy to help him (or anyone else) be successful. But please, before you start shooting holes, at least do yourself a favor and look at the target closely. Do a little research. You will find both good and bad about this or any other business opportunity out there. It's up to each of us to decide if it meets our own particular needs.

Joe

1 - 20 of 28 Posts