Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a late start on Saturday, not getting out of St. Jeromes Creek untill around 10:30 am. High tide wasn't untill about 2:30 pm, so I thought I had plenty of time. I was by myself so I only needed one fish. I decided to just go straight out to 72. I only had about half of my lines set when I hooked a fish on a chartreuse umbrella. As I was fighting the fish I noticed I was getting very close to the Eastern edge of the channel where the bottom comes up very quickly. As I attempted to steer the boat and fight the fish at the same time I lost the fish. I thought for sure my day was "jinxed". I finished setting all the lines and around 12:00pm my longest line off the planer board started screaming. It was a tandem white parachute that I had good luck with in the past. I knew it had to be a big fish. I fought the fish for about fifteen minutes and when it got close to the boat I finally got a good look at it. Or should I say I finally got a good look at "Them". It turns out that I had a 38" fish on one of the parachutes and a 34" fish on the other parachute. I've had double hook-ups before, but never on the same rod. It wasn't that 50lb. fish I've been waiting for but it sure had my heart pounding for awhile.

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
I bet combined they weighed 50 lbs :yes:. Great catch :clapping2:.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
Hey Post # 1 Welcome to the board and thanks for a good report.Keep em coming my friend those OCEAN fish keep coming up if seems lately.
Its been better than the Spring IMHO...Sea you out There.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts