Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Customer came in at o dark thirty this morning and bought some stuff to go fishing. He showed me pics of a nice Black Drum, about 10-15 lbs and several CHOPPER Blue fish caught off Camp Pendleton yesterday. Looks like for the first time in many years the big Blues are coming up the coast. Kayakers have already been catching big Blues in Lake Rudee.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Cool news Tony! Hope they come up at least mid bay area so we can get a whack at em!! Been a LONG time since we have seen them there!

Rich

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hope those blues wait until rock season is over in the bay, so as not to lose the tails off of all the shad bodies! Good news indeed, though.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Always good to hear about a species that was so great in numbers years past make or attempting to make a come back. I will say that, other than a blast catching the big 15lb plus chompers and making great bait for, flounder, mako and other species.....I have eaten them fried, baked, grilled and immediately filleted and nuked (while on board vessel) and I do not like them sam I am.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
I would love to see them back in bay because I looked at their decline as a reflection to the damage Omega has done to our resources.
Was not till skinny/ sick looking stick like rock and no rock days when fishermen stated raising a stink, but omega had already gotten there hooks into state representatives.
IMHO, it will take a complete stop of Omega fishing the bay --to improve the nursery of many different fish.

Thanks for the report Tony.. (I tried to stay off soapbox, but could not)

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
I don't know if you guys can get Maryland Public Television in Virginia,but there will be a show on tonight(wed./4/22) 8:30-9:00pm. MPT ch.522 -Menhadden the most important fish in the Chesapeake Bay- It will be about the importance of the sustainability of the Menhadden population for the environment and future of the Chesapeake Bay.There is also a show on tonight ,same channel,8:00 - 8:30 titled-Chesapeake Villages-The stories on the impact on declining Seafood catches in the Chesapeake Bay in 3 villages.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts