Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished aboard my buddys boat( out of the lewisetta area ) the "Plan sea" a 26` sea swirl striper. on 11/08/08 we trolled most of the day between smith point and point lookout and finally hooked up with a 38" rockfish caught on a chartreuse bucktail. Burned more fuel on 11/09/08 worked a wide area of point lookout to point no point out to the target ship out to 72 A and we were rewarded with a 26' rock caught on a storm shad. Great day to be on the water.Heard quite a few guys getting skunked on the radio so we were happy with what we got.Calling out of work wednesday and hitting it again.Would love to hear about different spreads people are useing to including weights and lengths line is set out.
Thanks ,
Mike

·
Registered
72 Posts
Fish at 59A

Hey Mike we fished Monday and had nice fish around 59A and Fleets Bay. Caught them on Storm baits, various colors and depths. 15-30 feet down in about 40-45 feet of water. Alot of fish caught there on Monday on various rigs, colors and depths.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Phin, I suggest a Stretch 30 WTFB as one part of your rig. I have had more big fish on this than on any other lure. Keep it well behind eveything else as it has a tendancy to tangle with other lines.

·
Registered
394 Posts
No advise needed!

I don't think we should be giving Mike any advice, after all he caught a 26 foot rockfish!:bigfish:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Thanks for the detailed report. I fish mainly out of the lower bay but I really would like to get in on some that mid bay catching. I wish this weekend's weather looked better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts