Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HawgHvn: Racn had the boat in the water by the time I showed up and had to walk over to Owl Creek from Pendleton. While he was parking the truck, Jack cruised up and offered me a ride (12 feet from the ramp).

We got runnin' out at 9:01. Jamie told me that Jack was bad luck on the water. It seemed to be true the first 15 minutes or so while he was at the helm. But as soon as Jamie took over steering us through that parking lot 2 miles straight outta Rudee, Jack's bad luck disappeared for the rest of the day!

Jamie's homemade umbrella rigs (AWEsum, Dude!) ruled the day and I had more pullage by 9:45 than I had all fall! At one point, I'm standing there with a 32" fish in my hands waiting for Jamie to snap a picture. When I looked over to the other side of the boat and saw the one Jack was unhooking, I looked at my little minnow and tossed it over the side.

Yep! That's Right! HawgHvn tossing a 32" striper over the side cuz I'm thinking maybe that sucker is just a little too small! And not even thinking twice about it!

Turned out that was probably the smallest we caught, too. Only had 5 fish in the box on the way back - BECAUSE THAT LAST MONSTER that Jamie caught at 36" JUST WOULDN'T FIT IN THERE with Jack's 40" fish. Limited out twice, home early. Never got wet. Never got cold. The Happy Jack purred under our feet all the way back while the wind picked up and the spray started flying.

I won't mention the two fish that Racn lost right at the side of the boat. Both nice ones, and one that we are still arguing over whether it was 45" or 48" inches (see, Jack, that fish DOES keep getting bigger with each retelling of the story). Lost because he wanted a PHOTO of the fish in the water BESIDE the boat. Ah, Well, Jamie. Looks like you'll just have to go back out there again if you want THAT picture!

All I got left to say is, THANKS again, Jamie, that was an awesome ride, terrific pullage, and you and Jack make for some wonderful company. I'm just sorry the trip was, by necessity, so SHORT! LOL.
==============================================
STRAIGHT OUT OF RUDEE.........
THIS IS HOW I REMEMBER IT !!
HAWG HAD HIS FIRST FISH BY 1/4 PAST 9 !!

JACK GOT A NICE FISH AND THEN BEFORE YOU KNOW IT HAWG HAS A FISH AND JACK GETS ANOTHER- DOUBLE HOOK UP ( THE FIRST FISH IS ON THE FLOOR.

THEN 2 MORE AND WE GOTTA THROW FISH BACK !! OK WE GOT 4 IN THE BOX AND 4 LET GO BY 9:43 AM - A LIMIT PLUS 2 -

THEN JACK GETS A 39 7/8 AND THATS 5 IN THE BOX.......

NOW ITS UP TO TO TOP OFF THE LIMIT WITH PLEASURE AND MASS PULLAGE FROM A SHORTY AT 36 INCHES BUT WHAT A COW THAT WEIGHED RIGHT AT 16 POUNDS !!

A GUY TOOK A CARNAGE PIC FOR US ........

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
in time your turn will come Ranger !!

·
Registered
289 Posts
nice pics!!!! looks like a great day! nothin better than striper fishin!!!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Stripers

Nice going Jamie & co. Those were large compared to the little 22" -26" dinks me and my partner catch around here. My buddy did manage a 20 lber there other day, but that was unusual for here. It looked a little windy that day. Were you anchored, drifting, or trolling?

mini moe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts