Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at Sandy solo around 2:00 and went looking for spot at Dollys. Fished until the tide change which was over 2 hrs and only caught maybe 8-10 spot:eek: I brought my new spot pen with me and didn't even get to splash it. To top it off I tried my usual go-to spots on both sides of the bay with only one hit and that one was a dink. Not a good sign. On the bright side- My 6 gallon gas tank finally went dry after the 4th fishing trip out of Sandy Point. Not a bad fish / gallon ratio:D

Dave

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Good job Dave...they are still there but you are right, much more sparse...sounds like we need to finally take that boat over to the Narrows one night..

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good job Dave...they are still there but you are right, much more sparse...sounds like we need to finally take that boat over to the Narrows one night..
They were not there today Mark. I drifted every depth, used fresh bait every nibble, put my bow mount over and added more weight and slowly trolled around bouncing bottom looking for a school.- NADA. There was one spot where I basically caught all 8-10. If you were planning on finding spot at Dollys to fish Sandy Point I wouldn't recommend it. Everything was off today...I know my baits were in the "Strike Zone" for rock and its like they weren't interested. The current was right and so was my presentation. Time to fish the rivers I guess.

·
Premium Member
26,229 Posts
We caught a few at Dollys.Saw a few on the meter but alot of blank water.

Caught some off Hacketts in 30 feet.Funny thing-we caught more up in the Severn between the bridges :confused:.

Just when you think you have the fish figured out ........... :D

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
These cool nights surely have Mr. Spot headed deep and headed south. Sure was good while it lasted. Going to give it a try tomorrow. I'll let you know how we do. Oh........and I have about 100 of those little buggers in a pen:yes:........................Mark

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good Luck tomorrow Mark- I think those spot are deeper like you said. I'm tempted to go again in the morning to get back at um!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts