Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yak fishing comrades,

Not sure about you but I've got some serious cabin fever...


I propose that as soon as the ice clears from the harbor hospital
area, we get out there and catch us some rockfish. I don't see that
happening any time in the next 7 days based on the forecast, but if
this weather didn't draw them to the discharges then I don't know what
will.


For me, this plan is contingent upon the arrival of my new yak, or on
Rod going and letting me borrow his spare :)


But from what I understand, the sooner you fish after an ice-out the
better. For those of you who have not fished the harbor hospital
area... it's not the most scenic paddle, but it's pretty sheltered and
shood be fishable in all but the harshest wind.


If the fishing is slow there and we're not catching after a solid hour
or two of trying, we could always load up and run to Ft. Amistead to
see what's happening at Brandon Shores (not nearly as sheltered).


Who's in?


PS - also posted on google groups and kayakfishingstuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
999 Posts
Josh, I settled on my new house last week and am moving into my new place on Feb 15.
So if the river is not frozen I should be able to get out the weekend of Feb 17 or Feb 24.

Rod
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the new place Rod!!! I'm confused though... what will you use as an excuse for not fishing the flats this spring? I hope you can avoid health issues this time around :)

I'm out of town on the weekend of the 17th, but have the 19th off... w/e of the 24th looks nice. I'm watching the weather for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
I don't have a yak, but josh if you don't have a ride there's a seat for you in the boat!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,059 Posts
Josh - There's an ice report for HH on the main forum. Weird... Apparently theres little if any ice there?!?!? Guess the steady winds have been braking it up as it forms. The water there has gotta be near about freezing though. If we could just get some calm conditions then it might freeze over real quick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,059 Posts
I'm kinda eye-balling Monday to splash the canoe at HH. Air temps ought to be tolerable and winds are predicted to be light. Probably arrive post morning rush, ~9:30-10:00. I'll also wait so see what others might have caught there this weekend... and also see when this snow storm is due to arrive. Several inches of snow should drive water temps down quickly.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top