Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having difficulty identifying what these module looking units are in my dash. They are to the right of the buzzer and are grey with black plastic screws coming from the side.Boat is a 98 Albemarle w/ Volvo diesels. Thought they were part of alarm, but largest Volvo parts dealer in the nation says they are not Volvo. Called two marine electronics techs to see if the could identify as to being part of old Raytheon V850 bottom machine or xx21 Raytheon radar but both said no. VDO guages said they are not part of their guages. I have a call into Albe but thought I'd give this a try.

Anyone know?

:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is getting interesting...

spoke w/ Albemarle....no one there says it was a factory installed piece..nothing to do with the Volvo diesels or the VDO guages according to them....

VDO guages says it's not theirs......

Volvo dealer (largest parts dealer in the nation) says it is not a Volvo part....

Raymarine "senior" tech's at Raymarine say it is not anything that would apply to their older equipment that was on the boat 6 years ago....

Have an email into Furuno but can't imagine they had anything to do w/ the SSB radio that used to be on board....

But, it is located in the helm station........

·
Registered
71 Posts
Part identification

If you can find ANY numbers on them, do a Google search for that number. MAYBE, it will pop up for its use and by whom it is used and for what, just a thought.
I have had to do this for a part on my Ford.

Hope it helps
Ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts