Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of you may have got an email from me about a new fishing forum. I only made that because I didn't know you guys came over here. Apparently SLAB was reading my Private Messages because I was banned the first time I mentioned the site in a PM. I been working crazy hours lately so did not have the time to keep up with what was goin on C.C. I thought we were homeless:yes:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Good to see you found us Fisherman 78. Not a whole lot happening mustly just waiting to see who all shows up. I kinda feel the same as you. Can't prove it but that is a real looser if he is reading PM's. Wonder how many still over there know there is that possibility??

AC

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
Robbie, you've always been a real upstanding guy on that forum, never stooping as low as some of us. Unthinkable that Ed Moes was reading your PMs. I bet he wasn't the only one. Probably had help by some of his VA forum moderators and we all know who loved to do things Ed's way. Anyway, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It takes more than anyone may realize to read PM's. You don't just open them up. It's transferred as raw data, and must be decrypted (for lack of a better term). You almost need to be a hacker.

I think what Slab was doing was allowing people to leave on their own accord, and anyone who asked for their status back, got it. At least that's what I gathered from him yesterday. Dunno--don't care.

I'm sorry and not sorry I missed the whole thing. I was getting all the sloppy 2nd's that kept getting dropped in the Bit Bucket. I appreciated the attention, but I wasn't looking for THAT kind.

Bak2

·
Registered
339 Posts
It takes more than anyone may realize to read PM's. You don't just open them up. It's transferred as raw data, and must be decrypted (for lack of a better term). You almost need to be a hacker.

I think what Slab was doing was allowing people to leave on their own accord, and anyone who asked for their status back, got it. At least that's what I gathered from him yesterday. Dunno--don't care.

I'm sorry and not sorry I missed the whole thing. I was getting all the sloppy 2nd's that kept getting dropped in the Bit Bucket. I appreciated the attention, but I wasn't looking for THAT kind.

Bak2
Brian,
I am sure that it is difficult to decipher the PM's but I find it very odd that as soon as I forwarded Ranger a PM that Ed sent me I was immediately "kicked out"!:eek2: I did not ask to be "removed".:nono: I really don't care; however, I would like to have my membership $$ returned.:rolleyes: Maybe if you talk to him again you can mention it.:yes:

Otherwise, :censored: Crappie.Com!

I mean no disrespect to you - just giving my two cents on the PM thing, well and his site also!

Take Care, Rapprunner dancedance

·
Registered
96 Posts
Brian,
I am sure that it is difficult to decipher the PM's but I find it very odd that as soon as I forwarded Ranger a PM that Ed sent me I was immediately "kicked out"!:eek2: I did not ask to be "removed".:nono: I really don't care; however, I would like to have my membership $$ returned.:rolleyes: Maybe if you talk to him again you can mention it.:yes:

Otherwise, :censored: Crappie.Com!

I mean no disrespect to you - just giving my two cents on the PM thing, well and his site also!

Take Care, Rapprunner dancedance
Dare I groan over this state of affairs? Suddenly, I know how West Virginia felt when the war broke out between the states.

Seriously. I'm familiar with Vbulletin. You don't just open messages. And I think Slab may lack the the technical know-how on that one. He told me once recently when I detected a fault in his system that the site had suffered an (site attack)injection. Injections, like an SQL, cause all sorts of trouble. Even when I admin'd the first OTC for him, I couldn't read PM's. He's accused me of being a little too techie. That's my techie input.

Bak2

·
Registered
370 Posts
You know if you guys really think that this guy was reading your private mails, especially if you have proof, you can report it to the FBI, right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts