Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd be screaming about Congresswomen and anything else I could to divert attention from this:

Bush, GOP Approval Ratings Hit New Lows By RON FOURNIER, AP Political Writer
2 hours, 33 minutes ago
WASHINGTON - President Bush's approval ratings hit a series of new lows in an AP-Ipsos poll that also shows Republicans surrendering their advantage on national security - grim election-year news for a party struggling to stay in power.
Democratic leaders predicted they will seize control of one or both chambers of Congress in November. Republicans said they feared the worst unless the political landscape quickly changes.
"These numbers are scary. We've lost every advantage we've ever had," GOP pollster Tony Fabrizio said. "The good news is Democrats don't have much of a plan. The bad news is they may not need one."[smile]
There is more at stake than the careers of GOP lawmakers. A Democratic-led Congress could bury the last vestiges of Bush's legislative agenda and subject the administration to high-profile investigations of the Iraq war, the CIA leak case, warrantless eavesdropping and other matters.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Yeah and the bad news is you may get worse in 11/06. The repubs have acted like scarred puppies with their tales between their arse. If Dems become majority, they will be consumed with the following multiple choices:
A. Sensuring GWB
B. Impeaching GWB
C. Raising Taxes
D. Removing Troops from Iraq/Afgh.
E. All of the Above
Meanwhile the repubs will be consumed with countering the Dems moves, maybe acting like the Dems the past 6 years, as a get back. The American people will be the losers again.

In 08 the next Pres. candidate may be consumed with the ever growing illegal alien problem. I like the way Newt is talking about the problem, who is possible POTUS material.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[Q]Capt Frank originally wrote:
I like the way Newt is talking about the problem
[/Q]That's about what Newt is...a talker. He's no more of a real factor than you or me.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed. He is probably a political genius. His problem is character. He already resigned (quit) once. Does CaptFrank really believe people won't remember this and elect him again?

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
I wish the voters had the balls to toss every last one of them
regardless of party.

Bert

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[Q]rbr originally wrote:
regardless of party.
Bert
[/Q]Who would replace them? Sadly, good people avoid politics for the most part.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
[Q]captaingeorge originally wrote:
[Q]rbr originally wrote:
regardless of party.
Bert
[/Q]Who would replace them? Sadly, good people avoid politics for the most part.
[/Q]
It doesn't matter. They couldn't possably do a worse job.

Bert

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In all those goofy Political Party quizzes that people post around here from time to time, seems like lots of us find the Libertarian Party attractive. Unfortunately, since the candidates they shell out haven't a rat's chance of getting elected, most people don't bother to waste the vote. The party platform is pretty sound for the most part.
Eventually, a serious candidate, with lots of credentials and gravitas, and no baggage from the Dems. or GOP, will grab ahold of the party and he/she will be a shoe-in.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Lets see cg, Dem legislators are trying to pass laws to make illegals, legal, with full rights. Dems will be out there on the demonstration lines this week pandering for votes. Meanwhile back at the farm, many repubs, GWB are thinking the same. Newt and people like Senator Tancredo and Rep JD Hayworth are trying to do something about it, who happen to be repub.

Heard an interview where many in Mexico believe that the SW still belongs to Mexico and they will get it back one way or another. My Eric the Forestry prediction is that illegal aliens will be a very big issue in the 08 election.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
In all those goofy Political Party quizzes that people post around here from time to time, seems like lots of us find the Libertarian Party attractive. Unfortunately, since the candidates they shell out haven't a rat's chance of getting elected, most people don't bother to waste the vote. The party platform is pretty sound for the most part.
Eventually, a serious candidate, with lots of credentials and gravitas, and no baggage from the Dems. or GOP, will grab ahold of the party and he/she will be a shoe-in.

[/Q]I really don't want the job but after that build up, I guess I'll have to accept. If CG is for me, who can be against me?

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Big Jim...forget betting your house the Republican Supreme Court stole it.

Somebody give Frankie his meds and make him comfortable under the bed. He's now hiding from the Mexicans, the terrorists, bill and hillary clinton and the truth. PS Its the Republicans who want the cheap labor...repeat after me...its cheap labor corporations want...got it...good!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I agree with RBR. I am a die-hard, dyed in the wool Republician, but I'm sick and tired of every last pollitician on the hill. Every last one of them needs to be voted out of office. This illegal imm. compromise is a joke. Are we a nation of laws or not? Arrghh.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
[Q]rbr originally wrote:
[Q]rbr originally wrote:
regardless of party.
Bert
[/Q]
It doesn't matter. They couldn't possably do a worse job.

Bert
[/Q]

Isn't that what we said about Saddam

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
I'm with eddy and rbr....I vote Independent. This year I will vote against whoever is in office .... regardless of the political party and I will email their office of my intent before the elections.

I never want to forget it was Sam Adams who began the revolt.
Candy Lyhtner who began Mothers Against Drunk Drivers
Jody Williams who received the Nobel Peace Prize for organizing the International Campaign to Ban Landmines.

The point. One voter has the power to change the government.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Heres another big prediction, the Independents here and everywhere will go Dem. My reason is that the repubs will most likely put up a candidate which will most likely finish the Iraq/Afgh. Wars, not run and hide a la Dems. That candidate may want to do something about the illegal alien issue, at al. However, getting out of Iraq, will be a bigger priority for Independents then doing something about the illegal aliens issue. For me that issue should be #1, as it also deals with home security besides the economic problems. The Dems will conc. on the wars and other issues, and will attempt to diffuse borders, Ill Alien problems. Make sure you bookmark that, you heard it here first.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
[Q]Capt Frank originally wrote:
Heres another big prediction, the Independents here and everywhere will go Dem. My reason is that the repubs will most likely put up a candidate which will most likely finish the Iraq/Afgh. Wars, not run and hide a la Dems. That candidate may want to do something about the illegal alien issue, at al. However, getting out of Iraq, will be a bigger priority for Independents then doing something about the illegal aliens issue. For me that issue should be #1, as it also deals with home security besides the economic problems. The Dems will conc. on the wars and other issues, and will attempt to diffuse borders, Ill Alien problems. Make sure you bookmark that, you heard it here first.
[/Q]

There isn't a chance in Hell that this independant will go Dem.
I just wish the Republicans for once would walk the walk.

Bert

1 - 20 of 34 Posts