Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to go eelin today and the only strike we had ripped my rail rod holder in half, took my eel, circle hook rod and reel. You can have the half of the rod holder, circle hook, eel and fish--I just want the rod and reel back!:bigfish:

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Call tonydivefish, I think that is how he got his name.
Tony dove over there yesterday......he found the lost rod/reel. No wonder the guy lost his combo, it has the new virginia state record fish on it too....86 pounds, Tony will be on the news today ~ he also found a .357 magnum, a VW bus and several cases of pepsi from when the truck went over the guard rail back in march of 2005-

·
Registered
334 Posts
That happened to me as a kid after I put down my rod to unhook a croaker that my brother had caught (last time that'll ever happen!) He put a big weighted treble hook on his rig and dragged bottom with it, and after a few casts he snagged the line of the lost rig. We got everything back, including the fish! :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
best lost and recovered rod story ever

was fishing the reedville rockfish/bluefish tourny 4 years ago. the boat captain had borrowed one of my outfits. he was taking a 12 ounce break and had laid the rod against the side of the boat [bad idea] we were chumming at the middle grounds and the bite had been slow. all of the sudden we hear a splash at the back of the boat and turn around to find my rod gone. needless to say the captain was upset with himself for making such a rookie mistake. about 2 hours later his son catches a 4 pound bluefish with another hook in his mouth. AND GUESS WHAT WAS ON THE OTHER END OF THE LINE? talk about luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts